Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Diamond in the rough... 1954 Lincoln Capri

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bekjoy, Sep 17, 2011.

1. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Yeah dude those valve covers are so bad!!!! I love it. very nice, thanks for sharing!..

2. huntrod

huntrod

Hey bekjoy, Be tuff, there are alot of haters on the hamb. You are doing a good job,

3. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Thanks huntrod.. :) i know there are lots of haters but its okay, people like what they like and sometimes they feel they need to voice there feelings. its always good to know what others think.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Love them '50s Lincolns. Looks like you have a real nice project there. Subscribed also, I wanna see this jewel come to life!

5. rusty28a

rusty28a

Looks good to me!

6. StrickV8

StrickV8

congrats for you! love them Road Race Lincolns. google Road Race Lincoln Register. got a 54 moredoor myself. got some extra parts laying around so if there's something particular you're looking for, pm me.

7. swissmike

swissmike

Mid 50s Lincolns make awesome mild customs. They were very clean designs and don't need a lot of messing with. Congratulations!

8. Cool car, you will never have another one pull up next to you at a lite.

9. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Thanks for the offer i know some parts are hard to come by... so i will let you know

10. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

You and that car are going to be a big hit wherever you go girl!!
    Be sure it eventually gets it's Lincoln engine back in there!

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Great car and great start!!
    Good for you.
    I like it.
    Keep us in pictures,
    Cheers...........

12. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Well thank you very much, I am not trying to "hit it big" just trying to have a cruiser..

13. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Man great score you guys have already put a good dent in seeing the potential in her I will be watching her progress for sure keep us up dated

14. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Thank you i am really glad you all like my car makes me happy :)

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Hard to beat the looks of a '54 Capri 2 dr hdtp; those things look custom from the factory.

I'm happy for ya and hope you and your Lincoln have many happy miles together!

16. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

make sure you take extra special care of EVERY part you take off! parts for the capris are very fun to track down! beautiful car and great score!

17. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yep,thats what i ment.Thanks for your answer and good luck with your project.

18. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Everything we take off we have been keeping track of but the previous owner kinda blew the car apart.. cut things that didnt need to be cut and made some really stupid decisions... so we are still trying to find everything and put it together.

19. Yep, no SBC.

20. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've got 2 of them as project cars. One will be a full blown radical Kustom, and the other, the 4 dr parts car, will be converted to a 2 door, and made a mild custom...building it for my GF's grandson. The kid's car will have a modern front end and Chevy power...got to build it on a tight budget for him. Have you priced front end rebuild stuff for that car...OUCH!
    So.........I will have some extra mechanical parts, from the 4 dr, and perhaps trim parts from the other. Definately extra set of bumpers, fenders, and the engine/trans from the parts car, though I wasn't running at the time.
    If you need anything, shoot me an Email and I'll see if I have extra.

21. Try Kantor for front end parts.

22. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

glad to see a good car being work on by a 'kid',my 15 yr old daughter is a gearhead,she's got a 429 72 torino GT500,[ gonna restore] there's sometime about a gal who can turn wrenches & heads!i hope your doing most of the work,keep us updated..

23. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

I would really be interested in the bumpers, what kinda shape are they in?

24. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

ALWAYS one of my favorite cars ! The taillights, alone, have become kustomizing icons !

Best of luck on the build ! Let's see some "progress" shots as you move it along.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

PS: You may want to check-out George Barris's story on the Legendary "Golden Sahara"...which started out as a Lincoln Hardtop like yours, only crushed !
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501557

Attached Files:

25. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

Thank you, I will be updating as she moves along.. and I would have to agree I love this car especially the tail lights and dash..

26. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Love me 54 Lincolns Great car.

27. farmer12

farmer12

I like where this is going. Great find!

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, It looks like you have a pretty solid car to build on. Keep us posted on the progress.

29. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

Back in the mid 90's there was a movie out called Moonshine Highway. It took place around 1957 down South, about moonshine runners. The main car was a Lincoln that year or very close to it. I would consider it a must see. There were also a couple other old 50's cars, looked like they drug them out of the trees and got them running, rust and all. Somewhere i saw that they installed 455 Olds engines and 400 Turbo's in them. They ran real well! The ATF guys were driving a (new 57 Chevy). All and all a neat flick.

30. Jagman

Jagman

Bek,
    find a jar of Connolly Hide Food (auto parts stores, detailers and Jag dealers have it) and rub it into the leather where those cracks are, just keep doing it for a few weeks and you'll be surprised to see how they close up. Also that leather will become kid glove soft. I've done this with old Jaguar seats that were so dried out and stiff that they felt like metal, after six weeks of constant application on the worst one, they looked almost as good as new. It's great stuff for leather, try it!