Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Coupe package tray?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rumblegutz, Nov 15, 2008.

1. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

Is a '32 Ford 5 window coupe package tray different than a '32 Ford 3 window coupe package tray? :confused:

2. Yes, but I only have a three, so I can't tell you the exact difference. The three window rear framework is different. Here's a three window package tray. The metal pan that collects water under the back window of a Murray body(three window), has a lip that screws to the wood tray.

[​IMG]

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

No idea I took it out to give more leg room

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I did also ...
    I am 6 foot 2 inches tall, overweight and I wanted to be comfortable ...
    So the package package had to go. I do have a 1 inch round tubing bar ... shaped like the rear of the package tray to hook the drip pan to and hook the two door posts too. :D

[​IMG]

5. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

I have a 3 window and I am 6’1" and fit in the car fairly comfortably. My car was first done in the 50’s. The car still has the interior from the 50’s Hot Rodding or from the 60’s when it may have been redone. I have not disturbed it.

I don’t think the package tray is original or what is still there under the current interior. The rear window is fixed and I would like it to be functional again. Don’t know if any of the mechanism remains for the window to roll down. Have to get up the nerve to look under the existing trim without doing any harm.

The reason for my question was, I saw a tray at auction on EvilBay for a 5 window. Although I doubt that has any bearing on the roll down window mechanism.

1. Are there 2 parts to the package tray area? A metal drip pan and a wooden base/package tray?

2. Deuce Roadster will you be retaining the rumble seat lid or converting to a trunk?

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

1) Yes, there are different pieces to make it all work. The metal drip pan sits below the wooden parts and catched the water that may get by the rubber seal at the rear window. I have a extra metal drip pan ... but no extra wood parts or the regulator.

[​IMG]

Dick Spadaro ( a fellow HAMBER here :) ) sells the metal drip pan and the window riser in repro.

2) I am keeping the car a rumble seat deck lid car ... but I have a extra trunk lid for the coupe if I ever decide to change it over. I do not have the lower pieces ...

I actually prefer a trunk car to a rumble seat ... But both my 32 roadster and now the 3W are rumble seat cars ... :confused:

From the photo ... you can see my seat sits back further than it did originally

[​IMG]