Register now to get rid of these ads!

detroit autorama pic thread-56K certain death

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Mar 8, 2008.

1. speed-kings

speed-kings

Great pics, we were there on Friday. Chris

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...sooo...did any of you goobers take any pics of downstairs?...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

brootal, if it is the one I am thinking of, its been around for about a yr now, they are making bodies to sell.

4. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I can't stop looking at the Atomic Punk, where's Plowboy at? Thanks for the pics.

5. No, definitely debuting at Autorama. He found some pics of '36 utes on my website and emailed me about getting in touch with some owners over here.

Maybe he didn't make it, I don't know. Haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks. I believe it was the usual mad rush trying to get the car finished in time.

6. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

actually alot of my pics were from downstairs (55' poncho, 50' shoebox, purple 50' chevy, the bikes, the killer 54' chevy) but the caliber of cars was SO much different that alot of the downstairs cars should have been upstairs

7. Mike53

Mike53

Did anyone get pics of Geo. Poteets 32 Delivery?All in all my favorite car at the show.

8. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Evidently he doesn't know what a gift horse is.

I'm here in Ky. with a unsually shit pile of snow, can't get my '52 panel out, even if I could I can't afford the fuel and I am thankful that some folks are considerate enough to give us a look see of whats going on in Cobo.

Job well done!:D

9. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

thank you very much, happy to share and i hear ya about the snow...man oh man its never gonna end lol

10. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

everyone should feel free to add there pictures on here

11. TRuss

TRuss

I thought alot of those photos were from downstairs. If I'm wrong then I retract my first post from this thread.

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

technically they're descendants of felons...

13. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

My buddy's were there with the Kopper Kart.I wanna see the judges' pick sign next to that.

14. Sorry to interupt the pending drama,but, did MR. BONES happen to make a showing?-MIKE:)

15. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Thanks for the pictures!

16. Any pics of the orange car behind Mr Winfield?

17. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

sorry stevie, both of our cards were full at that point so i couldn't get all of winfields cars like i wanted to

18. What was it?
    The lines are lurking in the background whispering "Look at me."

19. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i believe it was a bubble top, but im not certain

20. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I took some pics of the Poorboy's-made trophies for the awards to the downstairs crowd...they were amazing. Some of the "upstairs folk" I heard thought the trophies downstairs were cooler than the "bowling trophies" they were giving away upstairs... :cool:

Marc (A.K.A. Stickylifter) in the first pic was striping last minute-built ones as I walked up. I can't recall the guy's name behind him but he was doing the same. Very talented work by all involved.

My personal comments: Rudy (Roadstar) did a hell of a job again this year organizing the downstairs, it was the best show yet. I think he mentioned 80% of the cars down there were new this year...and there was less of the "tuner" crowd to boot... :D

Sorry for the poor quality, but it's pretty hard to get good pics of stuff at Autorama. Especially with my $100 digital camera. Hopefully someone else took some better pics.

Attached Files:

21. Gasser57

Gasser57

Great pics guys. I haven't missed that show in over a decade. That stupid snow storm buried us, so all I can do is sit here and look at pics. Thanks.

22. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

anyone with any more pics to add?

23. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

I look like a fucking deer in headlights.... it would of been nice not to have the worst cold of my life this weekend.... Thanks for the pics bob i think there dreamy! I do agree the down stairs was by far the best ever this year.

24. jdubbya

jdubbya

In my mind, Rudy is a rockstar... it was a great time. It was my first time showing anything there, and I had a blast. Thanks!!!

25. Jinx13

Jinx13
    from Michigan

thanks for the pics. My daughter ended up puking all weekend and I never made it over for the show. I hope someone got my passes from will call...

26. "do you realize how fuckin hard it is to get a good picture when you have light coming from all different angles!!!"

Thanks for the photos.

You guys might look at some of the photos that Brootal has posted from around the world.
    I think he is qualified for a bit of a critique. Don't be so thin skinned.

27. Punkabilly 52 - Brootal 1 :)

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

29. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

With that kind of reception, guess I won't be putting mine up anytime soon..Guess ya shoulda jump a plane and flew on over. Geeze..:confused:

30. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

no you should post your pics, cause their were alot of cars that i wasn't able to get a picture of unfortunately