Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama Basement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captain scarlet, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Please make this happen:D - set a crotch rocket import/domestic tuner wanna be area in one of the corners of the main floor. Maybe we could also drop the Extreme too, sounds like a Mountain Dew Commercial. Kick ass time all weekend though. I have been going through withdrawls all week.

2. millersgarage

millersgarage

lose part of the "toy" area---way too much crap.
    Move the tuners to the first floor, and take over the basement. The Bands were great, and the cars are better there than in years past. Some of the cars downstairs really should be shown upstairs (no offence....)

3. This guy run over my stool at Detroit Dragway. It was a test and tune night before the track closed.
    George

Attached Files:

4. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

We were right next to the stage. All of us showed those punk A$$ kids respect. We clapped when they got awards. We shouted for all their Asian women. ETC....... All they could do when it came time for our awards was turn up their music and start their cars. I SAY GET RID OF THEM!!!!

5. Like I said it's up to you guys next year.

If you can fill the space they will be gone, trust me.

And we will have more room for more of this kind of stuff.:D

Attached Files:

6. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Dennis said he had to turn away cars. I say next year turn away all the tuners and rockets. The rules state anyone starting their cars during the show will not be allowed back. Since most all of them did this and you couldn't tell who did it. This should be a traditional only show. All of us showed those punk A$$ kids respect. We clapped when they got awards. We shouted for all their Asian women. ETC....... All they could do when it came time for our awards was turn up their music and start their cars. Just my two cents!

7. troylee

troylee

Hell we already started to build one for next year. My buddy Curt had such a great time he wants to come back next year. He was inspired by the Black 32 pickup of Aaron's forgot his last name. He talked me out of a 33 cab and parts I had. He is a sprint car owner/driver that is lookin for a new hobby. As you could tell by his Model A, the Curts Speed Shop A with the flaked roof. Down stairs is the place to be. I plan to have My 34 done for the next time around also.

8. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

The Capt. himself! I wish I'd taken more pixs... I really missed out on some cars I wanted to see... thanks for the post!

Attached Files:

9. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Rudy, how many more cars do you need to get them out of there?! I'm in for 1, maybe two.

10. The tuners had about 40 cars. I don't think it will be a problem to add that many more. I don't even think it would take that many, I could stand to spread out a little anyway.

Remember the only reason they were there in the first place was to fill the lower level, if the tuners would have grown and traditional hotroding would have died(yeah right) the show could have went the other way and been all imports.

So there ya go, start planning for next year and get those enterys in early.

Thanks again to all that support the show.

11. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Arrange for a hauler to be at my shop next year and I'll bring 6!!!!! Can't wait man, I'll have at least 3.

12. old rat

old rat

A few decades ago I had to take a customer's car down there from the shop in Plymouth. It was snowing bad, about a foot on the ground. The kid working in the shop loaded the car onto the trailer; told me everything was good to go. Trailer sat a little tongue high on the tow vehicle. Was only doing about 25 nearing Cobo when this car passes me and I'm thinking "That looks like ...........":eek: You know the rest of the story. Never moved a load of anything since that I did not eyeball myself. Fortunately the car came to a gentle stop in the snow with no damage. Haven't been to a show in over thirty years. You should have seen the cars in the 60's.