Register now to get rid of these ads!

Destination Imagination

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtracer06, Apr 13, 2013.

1. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

:eek: I know this may not fit the H.A.M.B to a tee...but here goes any way..

A few of the students in our 4th and 5th grade classes have been participating in a program called Destination Imagination (DI)

The main objective here is to get the students thinking...engineering is a big part of it...think hot rods...;)

Our 5th grade class chose a project called In The Zone.

Their goal was to build cars (hot rods) that would travel 20 feet and stop.
    (the rules for which where very detailed on what you could use)

They also had to write a skit and act it out while the cars (hot rods) are being launched.

They had a very limited budget of $175.00

So they built the cars (hot rods), wrote the skit and built the props all on their own with only the slightest adult guidance allowed...on nights and weekends...

So after working hard the last 3 months or so they placed 1st in regional competition...yeah...which won them the chance to participate in the state competition in Pierre (the capital of South Dakota)...

If you would like to watch the regional competition click here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HS_frKwNTU&feature=youtu.be

:D Our 5th grade DI team won the state competition in their class....
    Here is where we need your help....the global competition is in Knoxville Tennessee...

:eek:Now, I don't like asking anyone for help on or for anything...but if you would like to help out...

Now the fund raising comes in...
    our 4th grade class also is going after finishing second in their class (the first place group had to drop out due to not being able to fund the trip)...

We are working with a local printer to have some simple shirts printed up and they will be available for around $12...I will get a link on here once it is finalized..
    or we have also set up a donation site that can except any amount you would like to donate..

This is a link to our donation site...
    http://www.gofundme.com/2iwzq0

Thanks for your time and donations....
    St. Micheal's DI kids

2. jeta12

jeta12

My lady is from Rapid city she is SD proud. am going to show her this in the morning.

I think this is good thing for the kids, here in my town in Ohio they do not even have shop classes anymore. Nothing really hands on for the kids.
    Congrats. to the kids for winning state. Wishing them luck in Tenn.:)