Register now to get rid of these ads!

Desoto 330 cams?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, Sep 18, 2006.

1. marq

marq

I have put an advert on in the hope someone has a nos camshaft for the above.If not though can i get it re-ground or is there someone off board that has NOS cams .I did hear that someone on some Desoto web site had some NOS standard cams but my mate lost the details.Has anyone got any info at all?...................Marq

2. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

do a web search for chris nielson cams. he can regrind your cam. good guy!
    dan

3. dehudso

dehudso

www.hothemiheads.com has a hemi classifieds section. I posted up looking for a tall deck cam with many responses and wildly varying prices. I finally found a low deck cam on ebay that I am going to modify to the later snout to use in my 341.

4. marq

marq

Just gone to hotheads and the bloody web site is down lol,Don't think someone wants me to find this cam....................Marq

5. KoppaK

KoppaK

So what happened to the Nailhead? I'm so out of touch.

6. marq

marq

Ah yeah nailhead,ummmmmmmmmmmm well on closer inspection(after i dragged it home)and measured it i found out it was a real bloody big enjun infact too big really that i would have to start cuttin my firewall.When you look at how big a channel i have got and how little leg room i have already i would have needed to be a pixie to drive it mate......................Marq

7. 5window

5window

There was just sort of an article about this in the November "Hot Rod" (page 152). Answer was there is no one making new cores I know you asked for NOS). Isky cams will regrind old ones in good condition in many different grinds.The article notes that the '52-'55 276/291's and the '56-'57 330/341/345's use different cam cores and they are all different from the Dodge and Chryslers. Maybe you know this, I just thoguht it timely.

8. George

George

The "standard answer" is that you can't switch low & high deck cams. Has to do with lifter bore angle/timing. Engine won't run right.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER