Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. cheers kyle, she's starting to come back together, not long and it wont look all cut up.

2. Wanted------1950 ford 3 speed overdrive gearbox that isnt fucked........

3. -----------------------------------eldoradoville---------------------------------

4. heres what happens when u decide to clean up your gearbox and re seal it, only to find some parts that dont look quite right............

Attached Files:

5. Bad!!!. The chop looks awesome thought. Hard model to do right and you and the crew have nailed it.

Mark

6. before and after, looks pretty rad i reckon

Attached Files:

7. thanks mate, i hope it looks good, i fuckin love it and it woulda been a hell of alot easier to start with a tudor, but me and ahron are like oh well ill end uo with a sick coupe rather than a tudor like everyone else with a chopped one so thats a good thing, yeah overdrive is rat shit, and it cruised along awesome that gearbox, lucky i never engaged it into od, it mighta completely shit itself.
    des

8. got all the valves re-seated today and torqued the head dwn and cleaned all the bolts up and polished up some shit, its starting to look really cool, will paint as soon as i am back from the u.s. in august.

9. just a couple more

Attached Files:

10. plently of people veiwing the thread but not many comments, wouldnt mind some feed back, good or bad ha ha ha just not too bad ha ha

11. Hey bud, U know i was a fan of the coupe unchopped. However the chop here is just bitchin. The proportions r great. keep the pic coming. Whats next?
    The raw finish on the bonnet is a winner !!

J168

12. zep058

zep058

Nothing Bad about it! You guys are doing a great job and so far looks like you're handling every stage very well! Have been reading your progress.
    I met Tex's dad at the FUEL mag shindig last weekend and we were talking, hope to meet you guys and see it in person at Chopped (and Tex's dad's cummins powered monster)

Andy

13. yeah greg is a top bloke, he love what we are doin with our club and just having good times drinking beer and working on cars, the cummins monster certainly is diffrent and a monster ha ha, yeah come say hi at chopped.
    des

14. ha ha thanks mate, yeah i look back at it now unchopped and it looks so different i like them unchopped to but i am turned now, maybe i am bias a bit though.
    yeah bonnet looks real cool. next week keep working on the roof and ill keep doin other engine bits and keep the car rollin along for the next three weeks then there will be a 4 week break while i holiday it up accross the united states then it will be full steam ahead towards chopped, and ill be able to through some money at it after the trip too which will certainly get me a few thing like firestone rags, gloss black rims, paint the flatty and get all that running again, drop spindles, frenched headlights and tail lights, and other fun stuff.
    des

15. Holy shift! You guys dont fukch around.
    i wish I had buddies like that great thread and build.

16. thanks man, yeah goin flat out just cause i love it, yeah good mates, the guys that are helping on the chop are awesome, giving me there time to do this chop with me. im sure my time will come when there cars need some work or labour, theyll be calling me

17. ausbuick

ausbuick

love ya work buddy, good to see that your not scared to get the gas axe out....
    she'll look sweet choped and dropped.
    cheers darren

18. thanks darren, cheers

19. click that link, i started this thread 2 months ago bassically today and only had the car like a week before i started it, feels like ages and ages ago the car looked like that.

20. 30plymouthcoupe

30plymouthcoupe
    from pevely mo.

That car is looking so bad ass. You guys are doing a great job! I'm going to attempt a shoebox kustom once my plymouth is done. you know what would really look cool, in my opinion? Cut in some '53 Buick headlight bezels like barris used to do. Buick side trim always looks bitch as well. You dont look like you need my 2 cents at this point though. Very cool car!

21. yeah, i have seen 55 chevy ones and earlier and they look pretty cool, not sure on the headlights yet, depends if it just stays mild custom, or not, but thanks for the input, Ahron is trying to make me get rid of the stock trim and put smething like buick on it instead, still need to think, i will spend my month off thinking about it ha ha, all input and ideas are great cheers

22. Man that OD is a nasty mess! Not what you want to see. Chops really taking shape be good to see some more progress shots.

23. D,
    how many times h u checked out the cool vid & thought, Wow that seems so long ago? It did look good, now getting better. R u leaving the bonnet raw for Chopped?

J168

24. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Feed back:...The car is looking awesome! Stick to your plan since it is working out perfectly.
    Paul

25. Go, man, go! . . . your rate of progress is very inspiring.

CM

26. 68wagon

68wagon

awsome work lovn this thread

27. The overdrive is cuctus and the main bit that's stuffed is te planetry gear set and that itself is 270 usd. So looking for a complete box or I will weigh up my options. I'll keep the pics coming. Cheers

28. Ha ha ha thanks micheal. I'm goin mate a much as I can. I'm goin so much that I keep waking up late for work and vein all tired and stuff. Burning the candle at both ends they call it. DES

29. Ha ha thanks man. Appreciate it.
    Des