Register now to get rid of these ads!

Depth Metal- bugatti find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JGRAFF, Nov 12, 2009.

1. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

There is nothing there, a total mess.

It says it going to be auctioned........... but who would buy that, I wonder.

3. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

To quote the article..."Though the car cannot be restored"... :eek:

all it takes is MONEY!!!HAHA

Give the car to me and ill give the restore the old college try.

4. Looks like one of those see-through / cut-away showroom cars.

Attached Files:

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Bet ya someone will rebuild it. As long as you have some valid serial numbers..... Gary

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

Will make someone a nice yard piece and bragging rights to, I own a Bugatti. Ya, right........................:D

CRUISER :cool:

7. flatout65

flatout65
    from mid tenn

should buff out....

(good luck saving serial numbers on that thing)

8. this should be in the "Ran when parked" thread.

9. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

"Has some rust in the usual places, car is complete and numbers matching, Just needs restoration. These cars sell for millions"

10. spooler41

spooler41

Looks like "Catch of the day" to me.

Jack

11. Bugattiambhibicarri

12. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

have you seen the alfa 2900 that was bulldozed into the ground and then rebuilt? A completely new body was created, so it wasn't a real restoration, but it is still considered a real 2900 and worth a small mint.

found a before pic, but can't find the finished car.. it was beautiful though.

Attached Files:

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

they've pulled planes out of solid ice, remember Glacier Girl? and it was restored to flying condition, as much as these cars are worth I'll bet someone restores it.

14. historynw

historynw

Hey a little welding here and there, some bondo and voilà a new car. Someone will make something out of it.

15. Guys this topic was covered here MONTHS ago.

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I bought a 1927 Bugatti at an estate sale. That sucker was $900.00. The nice lady took a check. It has a custom, many-off fiberglass body and a 69 VW pan. I should be riding in "faux style"(hahah) next month.

17. alsancle

alsancle

18. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

Thanks for the link to the other post. Sorry... i guess i should have " used the search function" first. But truthfully, yes that car is half gone and everything is probably fused together as one big piece of steel and rust. but i have seen worst wrecks than that redone. Actually i think my model A body I'm working on now has more holes than that does...HAHA. well maybe not:D

I just laugh when some "know nothing" reporter says "the car cannot be restored". People out there don't even know that communities (like the HAMB and others) exist. Someone out there will get that back up and running!!! And i hope he/she has the build tread on The HAMB.:cool:

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Give it to Shibley, he'll have it whipped out in no time!!!

Makes me feel good about my '32 though....real good.

20. bonesy

bonesy

It bet it will be "art" in someone's collection.

21. vintagetinman

vintagetinman

if i thought i could afford it i would buy it in a heartbeat . i always wanted to buy me some metric tools !

actually there seems to be enough left of one side to build a buck to shape the other half . looks like it is only missing the fenders and hood . i'd love to give it a try if my wife would let me that is

22. A little Por-15, some duct tape and WD-40, it'll be fine

23. Whuy thad make a heluva R__ Rod. Or maybe a Rot Rod:D

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the post JGRAFF! Doesn't bother me that it was posted earlier, there are lots of guys reading it for the first time. I think it is best left as is, and not restored or parted out. There are more Type 23 Bugattis out there but only one "Lake Find". This model had the famous banana tappets that allowed a single overhead cam to open the 16 calves. a Google search will turn up more info.

25. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

The other half is probably inside a BAR some place Hanging on the wall..:)

26. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

27. So, did you see where a Texas millionaire just drove his million dollar+ Bugatti Veyron into a salt marsh? There was a reason Ettore Bugatti interviewed prospective buyers of his cars. He wanted to ensure that his creations weren't being driven by someone who was not of "adequate quality". Obviously this clown has more money than brains, and never would have made it past Mr. B's front gate.

28. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Low original miles.

29. He said he was distracted by a pelican while chatting on the cell.:rolleyes::D.
    Takes all kinds.
    I'll bet HE wanted some attention too for putting a Bugatti in the drink. Moron.

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

Did he?

I remember reading that he only wanted his Bugatti Royale to be owned by Royalty.

But he made the mistake of building one for himself too, which didnt go over really well with is prospective Royal (Type 41) customers.

He had to "lower" his standards to include other wealthy people, but even then, the sales didnt exactly take off.

The leftover engines were used for locomotives to move boxcars at French train depots...

But my Info might not be correct, and a real Bugatti expert would be able to correct it or give more Info...