Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deleted pictures and bandwidth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Britton, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I went to search, and as a result cleaned out my old PM's.
    But that didn't answer my question. I use Imageshack for my images, and occasionally go there and clean out unwanted or duplicate pictures. It helps me keep the clutter down.
    I've noticed that sometimes when I delete an image on Imageshack, that image disappears in whatever post I used it for on the HAMB.
    Here's my question. Should I go back and police those "deleted image posts" and delete the post itself? Am I affecting bandwidth by keeping a post that no longer has the image in it?
    I'm aware that the less it costs the boss to keep this forum on the net, the better it will be. And since I don't know beans about how all this works, I'm just trying to do the right thing about keeping my room clean...Any thoughts?

2. i'm not an expert , but i believe when you use imageshack or photobucket the image is being hosted there and just linked to it. i believe that saves on bandwidth for Ryan

i NEVER delete any pictures on Photobucket so my pictures will show up in very old threads

Photobucket has almost unlimited storage of pictures , i have around 2000 there

i don't think it really costs to have this picture from Photobucket , if i'm wrong please tell me

[​IMG]

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I believe you will have to put the pictures on your site and then edit your original posts and add the new locations for the pictures. Unless it is a tech post were people need the pictures, I would not worry about it.