Register now to get rid of these ads!

Definitive S-10 Frame Swap Vehicle List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

This saterday i will go to my garage and start pulling stuff of the s10 i want to re use as many parts as posibole for example it has airco and power windows..
    also they have redone the gas line and brake lines last year.. i alreay have sold the bed and grill.. :) i just going to thnk where im going to put the gas hole... :(

2. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

3. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Hey jason,

here is the drawing we are still changing it..

if you have any other drawing please let me know so we can look s we can make more and and more drawing :D

12131Chevrolet-Brackets_CBH1-Rev-B00.jpg

4. zacanger

zacanger

5. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

Some of you guys should check out the S10 Blazer frames..from the firewall back is a completley diffrent frame then the s10 pick up trucks.. it has a shorter wheelbase and i believe it narrows from front to rear

6. 51GMC

51GMC
    from Michigan

Used a 1984 S-10 chassis from the regular cab long bed. Purchased the body mount kit from the AD guy in California. (Thats his yellow truck in the first post) Kit worked almost perfect. A (FRIEND/HAMBER, 348 Tripower) shortened the cab mounts (We thought the truck looked funny and up too high) He cut the core support out of the equation too. He made modular mounts for the $135 radiator and it worked great...2 years later, truck is still on the road and running great. S-10 V8 motor mounts, block hugger headers and crate motor from Summit. A 10 bolt Camero was literally a bolt in... Truck handles and drives GREAT......

7. what no pic's:eek:? sounds cool lets see it.

8. Abomination

Abomination

Holy F*&)# SH&%^!!!!!

EVERYONE CLIcK ON THE LINK BELOW!

It's a .PDF with dimensions, pictures, etc. IT IS SUPER-BADASS!!!!!
    http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/pdf/LD/LD_ST_Truck/LD_ST_Truck_pgs.pdf

I went to the root of the link - http://www.gmupfitter.com/

And it looks like some sort of cheat sheet for coachbuilders using GM's truck chassis!

~Jason

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  9. Swifty-Outlaw

Swifty-Outlaw

i'm in the market for a 47-53 chevy truck so i can start on my S10 swap. This will be used as a daily driver. I'm pretty excited about this build and it was great to read this thread. I've choose to go with the EZ swap kit and i'm ordering an air bag bolt on kit for the S10. I'm not sure on what motor to go with since i'm trying to keep this a budget build.

10. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Hello swifty-outlaw

it would be great if you can make some picture and measerents for us...

so we can make this set our self

ow jason...

i got this back from ez :
    37" between cab mounts & 50 1/2" to the bulkhead.

but he didnt tell me how many inch he has cut of befor installing the bulkhead.. :(

anyday now and we can set our own pdf file with all dimensions what you need for making the 47-53 chevy s10 swap...

here is again the drawings we have now..

Chevrolet-Brackets_CB1-Rev-B00.jpg

Chevrolet-Brackets_CB2-Rev-B00.jpg

Chevrolet-Brackets_CBH1-Rev-B00.jpg

11. OK Buddy
    I'm a little late comming in but has anyone mentioned F 100 '53-'55?
    Did one when I first got on the HAMB. Short wheel base S-10, you have to trim the frame horns a bit, but it drops the wheels right in the center of the fender wells.

If your not familiar with the 1st gen F-100 the front wheels set slightly to the back of the fender wells in stock form.

If you channel the truck just enough to cover the chassis (a little over 2" if I recall) it gives you about the same as about 7" of channel on a stocker. Sets the rocker covers right about even with the tops of the fenders.

Down side is the chassis is real narrow, the one I did had 8" wheels and I had to get 'em with 2" back space to make 'em set right. Up side on that truck is that you have room for about 11" of tire in the stock rear fenders with no tubs.

Anyway just thought I'd mention it.

UH did I already post on this thread?

12. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

yeah i already have read something like that its verry verry easy for a f100 on a s10 chassis minor adjustments... :D

13. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

14. Abomination

Abomination

YOU, sir, are a God amongst men!

Thanks for posting the drawings!

~Jason

15. Abomination

Abomination

I'll ship it there for you!

Have them ship it to me here in the US. When it arrives, I'll take the unopened box to work with me and go to UPS on my lunch break. I'll get the price and email you. One quick PayPal transaction later (you sending me the additional shipping I emailed you about) and I'll drop it back off at UPS on my way home from work!

Yay!

Let me know if you're game.

~Jason

16. Abomination

Abomination

Damn, man! You ARE a little late! :D

Good stuff in this thread - glad you joined us!

~Jason

17. coupe man

coupe man

Thanks for the post,I'm doing the same thing to a 56 f100.Same frame,came to the same conclusion about the reversed wheels.The question I have is how low did this sit to the ground?What was the distance between the running boards and the road.Any pics would be awesome

18. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Hey jason that would be great please send me more info how we can make this work..

Greetings bigtumtum.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LOL, I offered the same via PM.... I'd ship for any of the foreign guys if I can help.

20. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Thats Great guys i realy feel welcome :D

Jason pls email me how we can do that wit paypal..

Greeting Rob,

21. Abomination

Abomination

Hey - sometimes getting parts here is hard enough, but it must be a nightmare overseas! I'm with you, zman... and besides, it's just good karma! :D

~Jason

22. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

its not such a big nightmare for example in the netherlands we have a good shop called www.tyra.nl but you still pay almost the double what it cost in usa..

for example today 1 euro = 1.42 dollar
    in august it was 1 euro = 1.56 dollar :D

23. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

24. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

anyone put a 37 GMC truck on an S10?
    i'm not worried about length because i'm making a custom shortened box for it
    Bob

25. Abomination

Abomination

Good thing a bunch of us on here do it to help folks out. I can see where importers can really stiff people on stuff like that...

~Jason

26. rhondayou

rhondayou

Thanks for sending my post about our "53 GMC to the correct place. I was not aware of this definitive posting.
    Anyway, our 1953 GMC was purchased locally here in NJ not too far from our home.
    We purchased it for $1800.00 and was last on the road in 2001.
    We also purchased the 1982 S-10, regular cab, long bed around the corner from my home for $200.00.
    Soon after, we purchased the kit from AD-Engineering.
    The first thing I recommend is to start stripping the S-10 down to the Chassis.
    Save:
    The E-brake pedal assembly.
    The brake pedal assembly.
    Brake master cylinder and booster.
    Fuel tank.
    Rolling chassis.
    4 each rubber cab mounts with mushroom caps.
    Engine and tranny if you care to use them!!!!!!
    Vin# plate located on the dashboard. (just in case you need it).

Call a scrap yard and have them haul everything else away. In todays standards, you should get approximately 30% - 50% of the original S-10 purchase back in your pocket.

Second start stripping down the AD truck.
    Save:
    All sheet metal body parts.
    Inner fenders.
    Bumpers and brackets.
    Radiator and support.
    Heater assembly.

Sell:
    Rolling chassis.
    Engine.
    Tranny.
    Steering column.
    gas tank.
    gauges.

Purchase:
    AD-Engineering kit. http://www.ad-engineering.com/
    Ad-Engineering Lower radiator support plate. http://www.ad-engineering.com/
    4X4 S-10 rear axle assembly.
    AD-Engineering engine mount kit. http://www.ad-engineering.com/
    Headman headers, Summit p/n HED-68600. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HED-68600&N=700+0&autoview=sku
    Large front sway bar for ZQ8 S-10, GM p/n 15981886.
    Rear sway bar, GM p/n 15957475.
    Many large C-clamps

Grind off all cab and bed mount locations from the S-10 chassis.
    Using all of the C-clamps, clamp the AD-Engineering kit to the S-10 Chassis per the instructions.
    Fit all of the AD-truck sheet metal parts to the kit and check alignment, fit, etc.
    Once satisfied, remove the AD-truck sheet metal from the kit and permanently attach the kit parts to the S-10 chassis.

This is a start. Hope it helps.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/rhondayou/

Rhondayou

27. Abomination

Abomination

Wow - thank you!

Does anyone know if the 4x4 S-10 rear end and the Blazer rear end are the same?

~Jason

28. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I have a pallet of motorcycle parts going to the Netherlands by boat in the next week or two and I will be in Germany from the 8-15 and can drop it in the post for you. I import and export motorcycle parts for a living.

The 4x4 is wider and actually works better on most older truck conversions.

The mounts you are looking at are not a direct bolt in on the 2.2 liter 4 cylinder frames. You will need to drill and tap three of the holes that line up with the frame to 7/16's. I just finished mine.
    Chris

29. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Thanx chris were in germany are you going to be..i live in the near from frankfurt..

also can you give me a good advise how to make the mounting easier i have the 2.2liter 4clinder frame.. :)

30. Lono

Lono

Interested in learning more about a S 10 into a 46-48 coupe if anyone's had the experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.