Register now to get rid of these ads!

decklid differences?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

is there any differences in the deck lids from a 28/9 coupe and a 30/31 coupe??

thanx

tim

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

never mind guess after re-reading the 28-31 post it says that they do in fact interchange

3. they do?????? not in the world i know.....

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

alright, think ill double check that post. anybody else have a say?

tim

5. alchemy

alchemy

They're interchangable.

alchemy

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

alright we got one for and one against, we have a third?????

what about the back window panel??? would a 28/9 panel be fairly easy t retro fit into a 31?

thanx
    tim

7. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

According to the Macs catalog they are different. I'd say that would be correct.

8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

The only real difference is in where the rumble handle/latch fits on the inner panel. All years will fit in a 28-29, but the bump for the latch on the 28-29 inner might (haven't tried one) not allow the lid to completely close if used on a 30-31.

As far as the rear window goes, anything can be made to fit. But I'd trade you the rear out of a 30 for one for a 29 if you already have a 29. If you're you're checking into stuff in plans on buying my thrashed coupe body, give me a PM and I'll send ya my phoine number. I have more parts available than I initially offered to you. It all depends on how much ya wanna pay.

9. Thats probably why the decklid doesn't fit on my 30-31 coupe. There is a hump in the ribbing for the rumble latch, but there isn't a corresponding dip in the gutter below it. So, it looks like I've got a 28/9 lid for my car. Thanks, Dave