Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Deck Height

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 550Coupe, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Can someone give me the deck height for a 394" Olds V8. Thanks

Art

2. Mine is zero decked. Or do you want the distance from the pin to the top of a stock piston?

3. I need distance from center of crank to deck surface.

4. All I can find written down is that the 371/394 block from '59-'64 is 1/8 taller then the earlier block.

I got my 394 on a stand in the garage the block is bare, I can ball park you but I can't do much more then that as I don't know how much has been shaved off my decks.

Maybe @GOATROPER02 can answer that one.

5. As a matter of fact, I needed this measurement for a friend of mine who is installing a new cnc machine at....Ross Racing. Tony is down in Texas at the Lone Star roundup so I couldn't ask him. All my notes, even an Olds service manual and you'd think I could find it? NOOOO. Thanks anyway!

6. If it were not for all the mods to my motor (back in the '60s) I could give you an accurate measurement. Sorry to be of no help. You may comb this thread and see if there is any help, There is a lot of info there.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/rocket-oldsmobile-v8-information-compiled.715390/

7. sunbeam

sunbeam

From an old hamb site 10.631

8. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

If you're going for the total deck height you have to figure in the head gasket too. .035 is safe, most builders say anything under .050 is good

9. Got it! Thanks for the help.