Register now to get rid of these ads!

Death Valley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spdster, Jul 7, 2011.

1. spdster

spdster

I watched Death Valley Auto last night, they "saved" a 1950 Studebaker Businessman's Coupe last night. Basically they put a new paint job and new interior in the old girl and expected to get the top dollar for it like putting lipstick on a pig. Since it didn't sell and now their marketing guy is now driving it I wonder if they will let us know when the motor self destructs. I like Studes but it is 6 volts and six flattie no evaporator cooler is going to take it over the top. Their expert Stude owner didn't have to say a word because he had the best part of the car hanging off the wall. Sorry for the rant - my two cents worth.

2. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Im not very impressed with this show...

3. brian10x

brian10x
    from Tucson, AZ

Isn't it called Desert Valley?

Its called Desert Car Kings I think. Please correct me if I'm thinking of something else.

4. Desert Car Kings. They are trying to put on a show that has some car building, some drama, and some personal insight. Three strikes. I will give it 1 year. Make that one season.

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

why are you guys so neg about the show. They are saving those old cars and putting them back on the road. I hope they keep doing what they're doing regardless if they are on T.V. or not.

6. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

its just like operation repro....it blows so fake

7. rustrustler

rustrustler

I have yet to see reality in any "reality" show, cept maybe deadlist catch.

8. Greezeball

Greezeball

its like them house flippin' shows only with cars
    Why is it every show like this they gotta make the old man seem like some crotchetty old bugger?

9. I'm all for what they are doing, it is just a shitty show.

10. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

Kinda my thinking, I have watched the shows, seems their goal is to make affordable driver's out of the cars and just cover their build costs. They aren't trying to make show cars that's for sure. I have wondered how the paint looks in person since you can see flaws in it on tv, and sometimes their color choices are not very good.

Bet the show has also gotten their other goal met, get their name as a part source out there.

FWIW, it's better than watching Glee or something like that.... but that's not saying much....

11. LBCD

LBCD

More like Desert Crack Kings.....I watched one show and the kid forgot to paint the passenger rear quarter, I don't waste my time with this show.