Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Day of the Drags 2008-Video-First Pass and Pits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Oct 19, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

This was my first pass of the weekend. Ran a over 30 runs during the weekend. Once again Kontinentals...Thanks.

Ran a 13.54 on this run and averaged 13.40 over the weekend with consistent 101 mph runs. Outstanding weekend for me.

2. The Shocker

The Shocker

Car ran good.What gears are in it ? It sounds pretty high geared...

3. Brad S.

Brad S.

It's a bone stock TH350 out of a '68 Impala. The rear end (2-73) is my replacement for the one I grenaded after Roundup. The car is really high geared which is why I sounded surprised at my time. I was hoping to end up in the high 13's with this car and then found myself shooting for a high 12. My best ended up being a 13.34.

4. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Kick ass man! I missed that view this time out so thanks for the fix!

5. storm king

storm king

That's a nice video. To me the best part though, was driving in to the pits and seeing front motored diggers on open trailers, and a bunch of "as found" late fourties junior gassers. Neat track; is that Big Springs?

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice video. How did you have your camera mounted ? I wish mine came out that stable.

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

What motor and car? Sorry if everyone else already knows.

8. Brad S.

Brad S.

A pic I took outside Hearne, Texas on the way up Saturday morning. The roadster is mine. "Right now" it's a mild '70 350SBC. Last year we had a '68 307 from the same Impala and barely broke into the 14's on Sunday. I still have the stock trans in it although I plan on putting a 5 speed in it this winter. Mainly because I like to race and I also drive it everywhere.

[​IMG]

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

10. Brad S.

Brad S.

I'll take some pictures of it when I get home. I had a "lot" of people ask me about it. It's a simple FliP video camera that I've bolted to a tab off my dash. That flash card camera is absolutely awesome for the price. They're (the 60 minute version) at best buy for roughly $150 these days.

Edit- This pic taken by a buddy. You can see the cam mounted on the dash.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  11. Thanks for postin' the video. Nice for us folks that are too far away and hafta work for a livin'! Neat camera, good tip. Looked like a great day with the ol' 'Chamber o' Commerce' weather!!

12. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Cool car man. Yer front axle kinda freaks me out though.

13. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Very cool, looks like you had nice weather. And over 30 runs with out a problem, that had to make you feel really good.

Jon