Register now to get rid of these ads!

Davviki ltd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vigor7, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichG

RichG

Have you drive past Davikki's, or has Davikki's driven past you.

I figured since this thread has no direction we could make it into a physics lesson.:p

Do you think Pavlov's dogs every chased Schroedinger's cat?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

this thread ... has been banned on a couple other boards

:eek: :eek:

3. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Its not just there piss poor craftmanship....its as if theyre hiding something. They dont want to talk to you on the phone, they dont want to talk in person and they REALLY dont want anyone coming to the shop....

4. Gator

Gator

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

5. I think the official title of someone living in a basement is "cellar dweller" ... sounds kinda creepy. I wouldn't be knocking on your door at Halloween.

Oh, right ... Davviki. Isn't that the sauce you put on Sovlaki (sp?).

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D Do you think she'd show them to me?? :D

7. Abomb

Abomb

Hell no, apparently they live there, and you know what they say about a man's castle........Of course, I don't mind people coming over to my shop, but then again, I don't live there.....

8. coupedrod

coupedrod
    from illinois

Ok just to clear up some air yes i have seen the pictures of the car that is claimed to have 137 holes in it. Its funny that he wont post the pictures o i know y when you sand through the gelcoat ur going to get pin holes thats y the gel coat is there. and ya maby i mised a spot or two when i refinished the car. But the worst part of that whole thing is that he was compensated for what he called bad work he wont tell u that we offered to replace the body at no charge and would even meet him half way to swap the bodys out. Now back to the original post of this thred the tci chassis. It was brought up here to have a 37 smoothster built on it. This chassis was set up with a duel leaf spring in the rear which as any one that has seen a smoothster you should run a 4 link, or bob the rails and move the rear spreader bar foward. The other problem with his frame is the side box mounts that are on the 35 to 40 chassy (which from ford and most other chassis builders are either rivited or bolted on) had been welded on by tci. Now i love a tci chassis but when making a car that is choped channel an streched an looks nothing like the original there are some modifications that have to be made. I also know when he droped it off just like every other person that buys a car has a 30% non refundable deposit. After puting the floor pan on the car i (being the builder) noticed that the frame had to be narrowed in the rear which is a major job. So we started building the car on our frame wating for a reply from him weather we could cut the chassis up or not so now my bosses are in a law suit because we have a 37 smoothster 3/4 of the way done an stopped by the customer.

By the way after living in a tent in iraq i would love to live in a pole building that has heat i dont hear the wind and has running water

9. Where is Oberlin, wanna have a sleep over? :cool:

I guess its pretty hard to make any money if no one can call you on the phone, talk to you in person or come by the shop. So I suppose they won't be cheating anyone at all unless its all done by Vulcan Mind Meld.

Truth is we don't care about your beef with someone who we don't know. But we are curious well maybe I am I can't really speak for the coupld of hundred thousand other fellas on her, do you sleep in the garage or not and is it really illegal.

You are aware that we are just having fun at your expense and that we really don't place much stock in someone we have never heard of's whining. Right?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  10. I hear they shot and ate the carrier pigeon too. Now, I won't play fetch with Roofus near the place.

11. coupedrod

coupedrod
    from illinois

Ya i know that. I just dont like people complaning about things that have been taken care of this is the shop that i work at an ya we have a couple customers that u just cant please and that is just how it is. An yes i live in a pole building no it isint the fiberglass shop and yes it is a nice little appartment and out my bedroom window i have my 32 5 window sitting on the lift and my cj-7 sitting in frount of it. it is an awesome sight to see every morning . i love it and it doesent take that long to get to work. guys im just trying to go green hahaha

also anyone that wants to see the shop all u have to do is call make an appointment. the reasion for this is once i start glassing i cant stop just to hold someones hand and give them a tour.

12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

See there, 2 sides to every story?

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Can I read the other side again...this is all so much fun...

I didn't realize it takes so many people getting screwed, without doing any research on a company, to make this world go 'round...and then they come on the HAMB and bitch...why...??? Do they think we can take care of it for them...???

Isn't it time for the mods to delete this thread...???

R-

14. RichG

RichG

I'm with poorkandbeens,

1) Do you live in the garage?
    2) Is it illegal?

Other than that, I couldn't care less.

EDIT: I see I type too slow, thank you for answering the questions. I've now lost complete interest...

So, who wants to see some cool engine pictures?
    [​IMG]

15. And now we have two fools in this thread that can't seem to read the rules and play nice. Both of you go stand in the corner and then when you have calmed down read this http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274 and do the required intro; until then, stay off the HAMB

16. coupedrod

coupedrod
    from illinois

Hahahaha I love this. Ok yes I do an yes its leagal. An no the bosses don't live here.

17. RichG

RichG

18. RichG

RichG

19. RichG

RichG

20. Where is my turtle?

21. RichG

RichG

22. RichG

RichG

That was your turtle? Oh dude, I am so sorry, he was delicious, my bad.

23. You ate Slowpoke?????????????????????????????????????????

24. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This one is funny, a "DICK" head.:D

25. coupedrod

coupedrod
    from illinois

Sorry guys my temper got the best of me. Love the pics of the awesome engines

26. If ya guys want, I can probably find the Davviki coupe I cut into pieces a few years ago and threw in a dumpster.
    Worst POS I've evry seen.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Customer supplied it and I refused to even attempt to repair it.
    Sold him an N&N I had in inventory, and had it ready to paint in less than 3 days.

Somebody needs to use spellcheck also

27. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Did you use a credit card?

28. Crankhole

Crankhole

[​IMG]

Why would someone use a screw that long to attach a coil to the firewall?

29. RichG

RichG

No, the turtle was just sitting there, I didn't realize he belonged to anyone. I already feel bad enough as it is, thanks.

30. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You...???

R-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.