Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs David DiRico Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Mar 28, 2009.

1. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Very cool to see David DiRico's gorgeous '49 Mercury in the latest issue of TRJ.I love that car.Very classy ride.DiRico has TASTE.I know there are lotsa nice pics in the mag but I look out for more anyway.So if anybody has a couple more,post them,would be appreciated !

[​IMG]

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Reminds me of something Jerry Vinje would drive in that area.Is his name in the article anywhere?Some of those dudes

3. 00 MACK

00 MACK

in tha area really have their shit together!Sorry Im shitfaced takin a break in the air conditioning cleaning off my bondo trowels!

4. What a sweet,simple Merc! Love the color too...

5. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Patchpanelking,that name isn't mentioned.Merc is cool huh ? I like it.How's yours coming along buddy ?

Bob,color is PPG Washington Blue.Mostly found on Hot Rods.I'd say get a copy of TRJ and check the pics out.The pic above really does NOT show the BEAUTY of the car.The ones in the mag are much nicer.Say,you have bought some new rims yet ? Whitewalls dude !!

6. Chad s

Chad s

Jerry has a 4 door, unchopped merc, also Washington Blue. He drives it quite often. Richard Glymph painted the DiRico Merc.

7. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

The car was painted by Richard Glymph, and is seriously one of the smoothest paint jobs I've seen. The blue is deep and it looks like someone just dipped the whole car in. Beautiful flatty under the hood, gorgeous interior...it's astonishing how the subtle car stands out among crowds of hammered kustom mercs. It's a stunner. Dave is a top notch guy as well, I definitely owe him a few cigars

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

That is pretty! Is that the blue unchopped one you were telling me about Joe? The one near you?

9. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Very inspirational! Kustoms Illustrated #19 is all over it as well.

10. Nice lookin car, deserves to be in a rag.

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Yes Chris, this is the car. Dave is from Philly. He's also got the gorgeous 55 Poncho that took a top 9 at Lead East last year

12. This car is beautiful! One of my favorite Mercs. Simple with such a great stance. The article in the Rodder's Journal has killer pics.

13. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Man thats nice!

14. teddyp

teddyp

great car shows that less is more when done right. dave,s car is right out of a time warp it could be park in a high school parking lot in 1954 when i get home i have pictures of dave,s and his,s pal tommy,52 chevy hardtop both 2 classey rides i,ll post pictures when this snow stops

15. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Dave's Merc is real class!.Not to mention,it was painted by one of the best painters on the East Coast.His buddy Tommy,built his 52,which I had the twin of,was inspired by my 51.

16. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Cool.Can't wait ! Here's another pic I have but it also doesn't show this Mercs real beauty...

[​IMG]

17. rockguy92

rockguy92

That kustom will always be in style!
    The Rock