Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Darryl Starbird Talks: The Story Of The "Fantabula"!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NOTE TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE AT THE H.A.M.B...

"THE FANTABULA" has always been one of my personal favorites, so at Darryl's 48th Annual Tulsa Rod & Custom Show, February, 2012, that was one of the cars that I really needed Darryl's input on in our latest Interview.

Darryl never disappoints me ! He always has great stories with fantastic history behind them, and the saga of the Fantabula covers at least 3 states, numerous owners, a wreck, and a broken bubble top !

Listen as Darryl tells this very cool story, as only he can tell it: The Story of the FANTABULA ! Simply click-on here, ...enjoy !

All the best !

2. Another great interview. On one of my bucket tours I went through Starbird's museum and it is sure worth the trip out to the boondocks. It took quite a while to find the place, but it was worth it. He had a wall dedicated to the El Matador and Bill Cushenbery and that made my day. AS to the cars going up in value, the El MAtador sure did. I bought it for $2500. back in the seventies, and it just sold for a 6 figure price from what I heard.

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

hotrod1940...

You are SO right ! The Museum is like an "Oasis in the Desert"...once you get in there you don't want to leave ! And, Darryl IS a great story teller, he knows his builds from the beginning !!
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage168.html

More on the El Matador later, Amigo !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis