Register now to get rid of these ads!

dangest things found in old cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Russtytin

Russtytin

Found this under the seat of a 40 Hudson coupe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  2. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

HaHa

Yup...found it in the model A!
    Only in Nebraska! :D

3. shoveled71

shoveled71

Back in the 70s I bought a 62 Ford van for 300.00, it had a carpeted shelf above the wimpshield with a stereo on it, when I pulled the carpet down to hook up some speakers I found a turquoise choker, four twenty dollar bills and a bunch of new rubbers. Spike

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I found 5 one hundred dollar bills in a old Ford F-100 ... :D

The F-100 was at a junk yard that I worked at part-time.
    The 500 really came in handy ... cause I had just bought a 1932 Ford roadster and it had taken every dollar I had.

I was BROKE !!!
    but I had a 32 Ford roadster :)

5. When I was in the scrap car business, we found all sorts of things. And if you know where to cut the back of a bench seat, all sorts of things fall out, coins, bullets, earrings, teeth...

I've come up with doctor's prescription pads (never had the nerve to forge a 'script..), a notary stamp with the date still good, used sanitary napkins, etc.

Bob

6. soo it ain' a monkey then ???

send the money

7. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

so... what your saying is, :confused: it was a cat who tried to evolve into a monkey and died in the trunk before it completed the process?!
    :mad::D

the poor kitty just wanted to drive in the monkeemobile and get the full monkee experience...

um, one other crazy thing i found, was in a OT lowrider mustang we took in on a mechanics lien, that was done on a super low budget, diamond shaped mirrors glued to the floorboards front and back and a nifty set of homebuilt swivel school seats covered in pleated crushed velvet... used them as office chairs for a while

8. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

It looks like it's got a horseshoe stuck to it's ass.

9. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

I think we need to do a DNA test on the 'mummy'.

10. 68 truck

68 truck
    from Kansas

cat monkey or alien its sickening to find that. who would put a live or dead animal in there trunk and leave it there?

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, leaves too little room for the human bodys..........

Doc.

12. When cats particularly get so sick they think they're going to die, they go someplace and hide, which is a good possibility on what happened here. One of ours managed to hide herself even though she'd had some kind of stroke and couldn't even hold her head up when we found her.

I could post some good stories on stuff I've come up with, everything from cars full of parts that I've made money on without even unbolting anything from the car, to the Mac Tools buckknife, change, tools, new bolts, petrified food, brand new 40 year old oil cans... but I've already posted most of those stories. I think the wierdest one has to be the minivan I flipped in the spring - it had a like 5/8ths deep well socket laying on top of the transmission. I got it stupid cheap because the guy who had it knows nothing about cars, so I know it wasn't his... so was it under the hood laying there for like 75,000 miles?

13. Well paperdog here are some more pics. What ever it may have been I dont think it was alive or healthy when it got there[​IMG][​IMG]
    And for the record I DID NOT put it in there for all the pinhead accusers out there. If people can read the thread post its merely what I found once I got the car home. My bud wanted me to put it on evil bay but I figured peta and aspca folks would be up my arse about it. The car hit a tree in 64 and just came out of the barn 4 months ago when my bro-in-law found the car sitting in the field behind the barn. I finally went and checked it out to see if was another 55 Caddy or just some old car. When I realized it was pay dirt I asked what their plans were for it. They were maybe gonna scrap it so I offered $400 to get rid of it for them. I pooped myself when they said yes. Sooooooo you know the drill. Call friend with big truck and trailer and hit the money god while he was on the before they changed their minds about it.

14. ummm thanks for the updated view ...
    Tom and Jerry ..
    the final chapter... now theres some door art reference for ya

15. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Yeah, we all missed lil' Jerry, laying there with his head half bitten off.....ol' Tom musta choked on the first bite.

16. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

That 'cat' skull looks a little flat to be a cat.

17. SickboyCEC

SickboyCEC

I found 5 sixteen millimeter sockets behind the grill. Musta been a tough bolt.

18. Ob1

Ob1

cat

work your way back from the teeth and compare

[​IMG]

19. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I found a big assed adjustable wrench.

20. .45ACP

.45ACP

I found this GM accesories polishing cloth in my 54,the cloth has the logo on it to.

Attached Files:

21. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

The thread about the car in the mud towed out by a peddle powered hippopotamus and this thread are about as crazy as I've ever heard

22. heavyhitter 57

heavyhitter 57

i had a buddy buy an old cadillac for a parts car for like 50.00 or so popped the trunk and found a pound of weed and 200.00 in a satchel it also had about 6.00 in change under the seat great find lol

23. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Maybe you could sell it to the folks on that TV show: "Oddities", The bought a mummified cat. This is even more freaky! Could help finance the project.

24. oddside

oddside
    from Texas

Looks like the mouse got the last laugh!

25. scrubba

scrubba

It was 1982 when I actually aquired the truck, a 1953 Ford Panel delivery. I couldn't really tell what was back in the back as there was a quarter inch steel plate wall seperating the rear from the front. The rear doors had lovered panels screwed over where the back windows resided . When I finially did pick the lock, I found a majority of a kawasaki dirt bike , numerous fishing lures, miscellianious hand tools , a nice home made steel tool chest , and old newspapers ........ I still have the Panel too. scrubba

26. kma4444

kma4444

Why is the mouse there now? Is the damn car collecting dead things? I would run away now.

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we found old valet tickets from Kansas City, MO. Original 1950s, very early 60's road maps for all different areas. Also all the original paperwork, bill of sale, sales brochures, etc. The car even had the original dealership key-ring with the keys :).

I'm sure there is more hidden under the seats but we really haven't looked.

28. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Bought a 1930 Model A from a guy who rented cars out to movie studios. After I got it home and cleaned it out under the seats, I found repro. license plates from different years from N.Y.(cardboard), piles of broken glass(fake),and bullit shell casings. I'm still looking for the car to show up in a movie. The car had multible coats of paint and The battery was relocated to the firewall so they could jump start them when they were needed on the set.

29. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I studied animal science and know skeletons quite well. While the body of the skeleton looks very cat-like, including the paws, conformation of the hind legs, etc. The tail is a bit short to be a cat (unless it was a kitten at the time of death) (it looks small). I would like to see what it looked like without the dry skin around the shoulders and neck. With the skin; you can;t tell how many vertibrae it has in its neck. I agree that the head looks very flat and spherical to be a cat BUT, with that being said, skin shrinks and shrivels up much like it appears here as "petrified". It could be altering what we are actually looking at. Persian cats have very flat faces and look nothing like normal felines. From what i can tell by the angle of the photo, the eye sockets are sitting directly on the front of the skull, much like a human or monkey BUT Persian cats also have eyes in the same spot, close to the nose on the front of their flat, rounded head. BUT Persian cat skulls also have very large, round eye sockets on their skulls; much bigger than the ones that appear to be on the skeleton found in the trunk. Monkeys also have large hands with longer fingers and also more human like feet that are very flat. The animal picture in the trunk has very "cat-like" feet and paws.

I would suggest; if you really want to know what it is; take a peice of cardboard and very gently slide it under the skeleton and place in a box and bring it to your nearest college or school of agriculture. tell them your story. They will be able to tell you exactly what it is through DNA analyzing and by viewing the bones closely. they love this kind of stuff.

Best of luck!

If you get the chance, get a better photo of the skull ( face-on). that should help me more.

30. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

What also give this away as a feline is the location of the metacarpus and carpus joints or the wrist joint. The length of distance between the actual paw and the metacarpus and carpus joints is quite long compared to other animals for balance, running, and jumping this is the point where cats have the claw on the inside of their lower leg. monkeys have this joint between the hand and the lower arm like humans. Because of the metacarpus and carpus joints on the skeleton in the trunk; i would say it was feline. From what i can tell from the spinal column in the photo i would also say that it is feline. The length and slope of the ulnu and radius (in what would be the lower arm in humans and monkeys) in comparison to the conformation and angle of the humerus and scapula of the shoulder would also lead me to believe it would be a cat. the scapula in the shoulder in a small monkey is very short and the humerus is very long and skinny and bends (like your elbow) in to the radius and ulna which leads directly to the wrist and then the hand and fingers.

In a cat the scapula is very long and thinck and angled for better running, jumping and balancing. The humerus is short and thick in a cat and also bends like your elbow in the ulna and radius but at a different point in the arm and at a different angle.

Sorry for the long explanation; i love this kind of stuff. hope it helps clear any confusion