Register now to get rid of these ads!

Da'Grove meet and greet '09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by norby48, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Just starting a new thread to keep track of this. I'll post new info and updates as they become available.
    Jeff beat me to it. Join the Rockford group next time there is a get together. It was a nice time at the initial M&G Jeff put together in Jan. If enough guys from the Milwaukee area have interest, perhaps the location could be moved, say to Lake Geneva?

Anyway, no sense in starting up yet another group, let's work to see if we can morph this into something that works for most

Originally Posted by bobwop View Post
    now you are talking my language!!!! There is talk about getting together at Byron Dragway. Maybe if enough guys express interest, Union Grove could be an alternative. I think Tudorjeff is the man and he deserves to be the decision maker as he set up the first M&G.

No matter where, I am all about meeting at a strip!
    The 'Grove will give an entry discount if a club thows an event there. Maybe on a day when the midwest gassers or nostalgia club are there. Call it a car show and you can cook and bring in coolers, too. They will even put the event in their ads. I'll help any way I can.
    Originally Posted by norby48 View Post
    OK. I've PM'd with TudorJef, Greg32, and Bobwop. We're gonna try to get a date with Union Grove. I already emailed the staff to work out the details. And Bobwop is connected through the Gassers club. It will be very informal and won't interfer with Byron or Rockford. Should be a blast.

Here's the response I got from Great Lakes Dragaway:

"norb...sounds like a great idea...we will discuss this and get back to you."

Dave Hohensee/Track Manager
    Great Lakes Dragaway
    414-587-3788

Attached Files:

2. Dave Hohensee is a super nice guy and he's a great addition to their staff. Are you going to overlap a race like that gasser one?

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

There's going to be a nostalgia drag race there this summer, but I don't know when. Digger Dave on the HAMB (I believe) was telling me about it at the WoW. Someone organized a little car show and some bands a few years ago and it went over pretty well. Hopefully they'll be able to do it on a weekend I can make it this year.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am a member of the Midwest Gasser Association. At this juncture, the schedule is to put on nine shows this summer at Da Grove. I have to believe there would be an event that would provide motivation for some HAMBers to attend. Things aren't finalized yet, but let's keep this going. I will inform when possible.

5. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Sounds like you are well on the way to getting this organized soon! Let me know if I can do anything to help from way down south. :)

6. Thanks, As Dave said; He likes the idea and will discuss it with the other managers. Then I will need to rely on bobwop and others to help me set it up. I have a tent, coolers, grill, etc. Maybe I'll have a running rod by then, too. I race my hot rods.

Attached Files:

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I have a couple of EZ-Ups and plenty of coolers. I also have a generator if needed. You guys can pit for me.

8. Overlapping with the Midwest Gassers could be interesting because I'd like to see those guys make passes. But if it's a date where they are also holding a bunch of other OT classes I think that would be too crowded.

9. AtomicDrew

AtomicDrew
    from Zompton Il

Dave will work with you to set it up under conditions that will please us and is accountant. He knows after last years attendance anything he can do to help boost admission and keep us coming back, he will try to make everyone happy. I know he is pretty busy running all the Summit super series stuff and organizing the other events he has going on all summer long. Dominick Blasco has a pretty extensive collection of high dollar gassers and street cars, and as part owner I am sure he would be happy to help with the nostalgic cars coming for shows. They have pretty strict rules being that they are a NHRA track. They wouldnt let much slide last year that easily ran no questions asked in previous years. -Drew

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I have never seen the bleachers full in recent years. There are lots of ACRES in the infield. I really don't think it will be a problem, John. I will expect all you guys to show up for the Time Machine Nationals on Labor Day weekend. The place gets crowded then, but there is still room for more.

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

i hope you have Dominick's ear. He doesn't even run with us Gassers anymore and he was one of the founding fathers.

We will have to convince InlawModelA to make the trip from up North with his Topo

12. I'm there, should I start packin' now? Oh yea, I need to put the engine back in first. I can't wait!!!
    This thread is from September 2008 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290642

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bexo1RNU9dE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bexo1RNU9dE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  13. AtomicDrew

AtomicDrew
    from Zompton Il

I will have to get the 40' out of the trailer for this weekend. Dominick bought a few cars from my old man a couple of years ago and he signed for my NHRA license and let us borrow a few magneto's for trouble shooting last year. Although if you know him there aren't many friends that you meet of his. -Drew

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I know a guy that USED to be his friend. Good thing is, he is still breathing.