Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dad's '56 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26trackt, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 26trackt

26trackt

Sorry, no pix yet. those will come later with a more "for real" post with a game plan & some progress.

Just got back from Dad's. He has drug up a real nice F100. It's a streetable older resto. he's working out a Saginaw steer box at the moment.

I am curious about the bed. It's a long bed so we know it will be shortened at some point. The box is also extra deep & extra wide. Can't say I've seen a Lot of long step Fords. Was surprised with the cool factory tubs. The extra width & depth also helped perportion the too long bed. Any of you hacks ever cut down one of these beds. The lenth & depth have got to go. We are diggin the width & tubs.

2. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

Don't do it! What you have sounds like an "Express Bed", and they are somewhat rare.

3. Is it an F100 or bigger? The standard long beds were wider, deeper, and "tubbed". I would be interested in seeing pictures.

If you are looking for a build thread of one that is currently being shortened I would refer you to my buddy grovedawg's:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425523

4. And BTW the express bed is about 109" vs a long bed @ 96". I also believe the express bed had 4 stake pockets per side vs 3 on the long bed.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Sounds like an F250 to me.

6. wish my dad had a 56 f100 good luck!!

7. v8 garage

v8 garage

The 9' Express beds are rare but the 8' ones are very common. I have 3 of the 8' beds. They are wider and taller than the 6' beds and have tubs.
    V8