Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cutting brake lines for flaring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kent Vanhelsing, Dec 1, 2015.

1. 23Tck

23Tck

I use that eastwood flare tool. The parts store stuff is made like garbage. With the stainless stuff it wears out the dies. I always do the double flare. Also I use cutting oil when forming. Just make sure its cleaned off before you put the brake fluid in. With the cutter I just take my time doing small passes till it cuts in two.

Here in the midwest they put this stuff on the roads a few hours before the snow falls. Its sprayed from a truck. Since they have been doing this the brakelines have been rusting all to hell. Im talking cars that are 5-6 years old. My mechanic friends say if you buy a new car- get the factory rust proofing.

That why I pony'd up for the eastwood flare tool. Its does the bubble flare plus the 45 degree flare. I also bought the 37 degree diesfor the -AN stuff.