Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Pedal Cars?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mr.wolf, Jan 1, 2008.

1. raymay

raymay

Definitely cool I would probably hang on to it too. Keep an open mind. With a little (or maybe a lot) of vision, it is a start.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. I think its cool, I have some that's worse than that! I put them in my grandsons little junkyard. I will take a couple of pictures of them and post them here later. I think they are kind of fun to see. Ron...

3. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Can't wait to see this little junkyard!

4. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

image.jpeg

I received the headlights and did a quick mock up.

(That's my wife holding them. I save my short shorts for the weekends. :eek:)

redzula and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  5. You asked to see a picture of my grandsons little junkyard. So I took one today, for you. I thought the photo that TB33 posted of the very rough one was pretty cool. I would like to see some more if anyone wants to post them. My grandson and I have matching service stations with our junkyards in the rear of each. He's a little Hot Rodder. He and I went to Cars Land in Ca. and he could tell me the make, model and year of each car there. lol Ron... 080.jpg 081.jpg

6. Here's two I had to dig up in a Junkyard! 078.jpg

7. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That 41 Chrysler's a KEEPER!

8. Chaz You have a good eye, but it is a 41 dodge. Its The first one that I've seen too, notice the difference in the grill. That's a 41 Chrysler in this photo. Thanks Ron... 068.jpg

ct1932ford and michael knight like this.
  9. can anyone tell me what the rot box i posted is? fire truck?

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Yep, I didn't look closely at the grille.... Just the sideview..... Regardless, you can send it my way and I'll rescue it from the crusher! That's a pretty nice specimen!

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

An AMF 503 fire Chief....

This car represents the beginning of the end for metal pedal cars. AMF started production of these in 1962, and more of this body style was produced than any other. Production ceased in 1980, marking the end of American metal pedal car production. Early pedal cars weighed as much as 80 pounds. The fire Chief tips the scale at a mere 17 pounds

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  12. thanks chaz. i am glad someone didn't ruin a rare or unique piece. i just keep it in the rafters of the barn but i really like the "junk yard" idea.

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I've got a bunch of "too far goners" as well . I just cant part with 'em.

Ron Funkhouser and tb33anda3rd like this.
  14. Like you guys said, these [too far goners] are cool too. send us some pictures. be fun to see. Ron...

15. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

That's amazing. The mini service station is great. I wish I had the room for stuff like this!

Thanks for the picture.

16. Rare car indeed! That 41 Dodge is worth saving.:cool:

17. tb33anda3rd and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  18. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Finally finished my sons car.

It's a little different than original.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

19. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

20. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpg Looks like this might be set up for Bonneville. Don't know what it started out as though.

21. I would like to see more pedal cars. Here's an old 1928 steel craft with Lauren. 20160115_233823.jpg

ct1932ford and tb33anda3rd like this.
  22. As seen last weekend at Goodguys Del Mar Nats:

Gasser Pedal Car @ Goodguys Del Mar Nats 2016.jpg

23. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I had a buddy Bob, who joined us all for breakfast on Thursday. An awesome guy with a bizarre sense of humor. As I was getting out of my truck at the restaurant, Bob pulled up. "I got something for you in the back" he said. In the back of his truck was a 20 Inch Steelcraft Velocipede. It was in really rough shape, but it was a 1935 STEELCRAFT VELOCIPEDE! I took it, put it in the cab of my truck, locked the doors and went inside. Bob was laughing. " You NEVER lock your truck- you must really like the trike... I couldn't knock that smile off your face with a coal shovel"
    trike.jpg
    I started the restoration right away. It was a good thing too, cause we lost Bob last year. He did get to see it completed and loved it. ( this photo is just before finishing)
    35 Steelcraft velocipede.jpg
    We had Bobs funeral get together at my place. Over 120 people. Out in the middle of the yard sat Bob's Studebaker and the trike. Everytime I look at the trike I cant help but think of my pal Bob.
    FB_IMG_1458400548057 (1).jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  24. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

DSC02576.JPG DSC02580.JPG Here is one my Pop built for my nephew... DSC02576.JPG DSC02580.JPG

redzula, Fedman and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  25. "Hey, you know a kid around here with a piss yellow stroller, supposed to be hot stuff?"

26. Slopok

Slopok

Happened to be in Target one day and saw this in the clearance section for $59.00, how could I not buy it, the paint and striping alone would've cost more.
    140.JPG

509garyd and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  27. Slopk That is just to Kool! It matches your Mercury perfectly. And so cheap too. Who's the driver? I'll post a photo of one of mine. Because I know that no one ever wants to see a post, without a picture. lol It's a 1950s Ride on HOT ROD Ron... 018.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    ct1932ford likes this.
  28. Slopok

Slopok

That's my grandson who was 5 at the time about 3 years ago. He sure enjoyed driving around in the parking lot at that cruise nite car show. He's too big to fit in it now though.

29. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Does anyone have pictures of the steering setups?

I want to be able to steer from the push handle but can't figure out how to make it work!