Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Custom Car Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Thanks Jimmy. We might have to hook up in August when I come up for the Sleds Midwest show in Branson....bet I bring the Chevy since I probably won't have finished painting the Merc by then now that I have two Fleetlines to put back together and get sold. LOL

2. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Just saw your note on Sleds Midwest, is this a show strictly for customs or is anyone welcome? We like Branson so may try to make this show if open to street rods.
    Really like your new purchase!!

3. Yes, they let in street rods...your 34 would fit right in. Would love to see you there!!

4. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Thanks Dr. Dave, assuming the rain stops around here we will make it! Look forward to seeing you again.
    Tom

5. Awesome Tom, be good to see you!

Finally getting around to sort through my pictures. There have already been a few other threads showing what was there, Moriarty's thread and Dan Greenberg's are doing a great job. I thought I would post a few pics from the Indianapolis Museum of Art that we went to on Friday to see the Dream Cars exhibit that have going on. What a treat to get to see some of the cars from the books I checked out from the school library as a kid...and of course have seen in pics other places since. I mean the LeSabre...right there, so close I could touch it?! Of course, they had folks standing by making sure you didn't, but it was totally cool none the less.

IMG_8285.jpg IMG_8331.jpg IMG_8333.jpg IMG_8284.jpg IMG_8287.jpg IMG_8289.jpg IMG_8390.jpg IMG_8400.jpg

Sancho likes this.
  6. The early stuff was cool, but what I really wanted to see were the the ones I remembered from the late 40's through the 60's....

IMG_8292.jpg IMG_8298.jpg IMG_8293.jpg IMG_8297.jpg

The LeSabre....good thing for the rope or they would have had to wipe off drool
    IMG_8299.jpg IMG_8300.jpg IMG_8303.jpg IMG_8304.jpg

I totally loved the interior of the Centurion. So clean and neat and really kind of predictive of 60's style production interiors with the pleats and clean lines.
    IMG_8313.jpg IMG_8322.jpg IMG_8314.jpg IMG_8315.jpg IMG_8319.jpg IMG_8308.jpg IMG_8311.jpg IMG_8324.jpg IMG_8353.jpg IMG_8359.jpg IMG_8358.jpg

I was really struck and surprised by how very small the Lancia was. I wish I would have had Michelle stand next to if for scale. IMG_8372.jpg

Sancho likes this.
  7. gonmad

gonmad

What is that polished aluminum/stainless thing that I'm assuming is French? Looks like something off Despicable Me! LOL!

8. Yes, built in France in 1942 during the German occupation. 3 wheeled and was electric. After the war he put in a gas Puegeot engine.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well look at that another custom! Cool man, next time we drive threw town maybe we'll get lucky and be able to meet up :) I've been wanting to drive the 46 south on a trip

10. That would be awesome Tim!! Be great to see you again!!

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I'm thinking I want to get my brake upgrade done and tested and then I'll start planing. Some of those long steep bridges give me the willy's even in a new car haha

12. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I love everything about this car but the color on the lower part of the car. It appears too dark to me. Any chance your going to get that part painted to match the top color Dr. Dave?

Attached Files:

13. It's actually a candy grape on the lower section and is basically the colors of the second version of the Grapevine except flipped with the light on top and the dark on the bottom. The two tone interior uses the dark grape color and matches very well. Other than add ac if I can work that out, I have no plans to change anything. If it ends up needed a repaint in 10 or 15 years, I might would consider changing up the colors to the scallop version of the Grapevine, but other than that, I loved it just the way it jeans am going to drive the heck out of it. :D