Register now to get rid of these ads!

History custom Car builder Spotlight: WESTERGARD/BERTOLUCCI

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Apr 7, 2005.

1. [​IMG]
    I love the exaust exiting thru the body on some of these early customs,it just reminds me of another detail from early speedboats that was incorperated into customs.

2. Love the welded up trunk and molded fenders as well. Super smooth!!!

3. YES!!!! So SMOOTH !

4. John M

John M

I don't think I've ever seen the bumper over-rides placed behind the bumper before. Or in this case since it is the rear bumper, "in front of the bumper".

John

5. Rikster

Rikster

That is factory stock for a 1937 DeSoto...

[​IMG]

6. John M

John M

Thanks Rik. I've never noticed that before.

John

7. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Bringing this back up for some history lessons. Maybe someone new might see the big difference in what was done back in the day. They did things the right way. not over chopping and having everything laying on the ground looking like its broken.

8. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

HISTORY LESSON TIME!!

Just bring this back up incase someone might have missed it.

9. What a great picture at a great place.It must of been something special to see these customs on the salt.[​IMG]

10. I had the great pleasure of being invited to meet Dick at his home shop earlier this year with my family, we hung out for an hour or so and talked about dicks cars and the old days. he had a bitchin chopped 41 chevy convertible with a lot of tasteful kustom touches he was slowly working on. my dad got a real kick out of it as hed never heard of Dick or Westergard before so once we left Dicks place we visited Sac vintage ford so i could show him the Ohanesian Mercury so he could appreciate some of Dick and Harrys handywork. he was blown away. a memory ill hold onto for a very long time

11. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

History lesson time !!!!

12. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Great customs!!!! These are not over chopped,looking broke on the ground, and flow from the front to the back. I love these threads!!

13. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Not a custom but I had to add this.

14. This is a great thread, love it.

15. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

Currently the California Auto Museum in Sacramento has a special exhibit centered around the rich custom and hot rod history in Sacramento. Several Bertolucci and Westergard cars are on display. If you have never seen these cars you must visit the museum. the Falconer Ford, Buddy O. Merc., the 1951 AMBR car of Rico Squglia, the Sam Barris Merc., the Eddie Dye Roadster and others are featured
    . Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Dannerr and Jimmy B like this.
  16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

old thread but, great to look at again

stanlow69 and 'Mo like this.