Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration CUSTOM AUTO SHOW PAMPHLET

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay.S, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Jay.S

Jay.S

[​IMG]i just purchased a stack of literature and this was stuffed inside. Any idea what year this show was?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. BJR

BJR

Why not call the phone number on the poster and see if anyone answers? If they do ask them.

catdad49 likes this.
  3. 1) The Popcorn Wagon looks like one of those over-the-top T-bucket spinoff showcars from the late '60's through early '70's.
    2) Most 3-day shows are Fri-Sat-Sun. If you google <19XX August calendar> you can narrow it down. 1975 matches, for example. Others too, probably.

How's that for a start? :)
    s-l500.jpg

4. The Pleasure Seekers featuring Suzy Quatro were active from 1964-1973. There's a window, but I'm guessing Gary is right with the 1975 date.

5. Way before my time.
    Wiki shows the “Pleasure Seekers” were from 1964 - 1968. In 1969, they morph into the band called “Cradle” (until 1973)... so that may be a starting point on time frame...
    Murat Theatre (now called Old National Centre) is a performing arts theatre, hard to image a car show there in its past.

chryslerfan55 and catdad49 like this.
  6. El Pratt

El Pratt

I can't recall the popcorn wagon but I showed my Nomad there in 1967. It won best use of color when it was painted yellow/green. Pretty crazy place, the show was on 3 or maybe 4 floors. Cars were taken to their respective floor by freight elevator. The show was held at the same time as the National Drag Races at IRP.

7. Jay.S

Jay.S

Thanks for the detailed reply. I don’t some digging and it looks like it’s from 69.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. chryslerfan55 and Just Gary like this.
  9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I googled Ron Huggler in Indianapolis. He still lives there, will turn 82 on the 29th of this month. His address and phone number were easy to find.

10. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Here's the band...'64 to '73

pleasure_seekers.jpg

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

They need me...

lothiandon1940 likes this.