Register now to get rid of these ads!

Curtis Gordon has died

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LIMEY, May 3, 2004.

1. LIMEY

LIMEY

Not really O/T if you ever heard the track "DRAGGIN"
    but just heard from a good source he died yesterday from cancer....very sad, was fortunate to meet him a couple of
    times, a really nice guy & a great loss to country music.

Attached Files:

2. krupanut

krupanut

Man all the legends are leaving us. [​IMG]

Never got the pleasure to meet Mr. Gordon, but all my buddys who did all talked of what a geniune, nice, down to earth cat he was.

And what great music!!!

Play the music louder and drag!, drag, all night long!!

Rip Curtis

3. MBL

MBL

That is sad. I love "Draggin" especially the "over echo" in the beginning of some of the tracks you hear of it...Mobile...oh and "Sitting on top of the world" some of my favorites...RIP
    Tim
    MBL

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

At one of the first couple of VLV's, we stayed at the Orleans. That meant we had to take the shuttle back and forth to the Gold Coast to see the shows.

Well one night we are riding over with some friends and a bunch of other folks. My wife decides she wants to talk to the "older" couple sitting across the isle. Now the guy has on a black western shirt and some wicked cool black and red roach stompers. I knew he was "somebody" but didn't recognize him. She asked if he was here for the music and he said "yes, ma'm" Then she asked if he played and he said,

"Yes ma'm, I'm in the Curtis Gordon band" Of course, we all knew who he was at that point and shook his hand. He was just as gracious as he could be. We talk about that every time we go to Vegas, and tell the story when we talk about VLV. "In the Curtis Gordon band". Still cracks me up. Good show, too.

Granted, this guy wasn't a super star, or anything. But can you imagine any of today's rock stars being that humble, gracious, or accomidating? Yeah, me either.

5. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Sad news big time...Curtis Gordon and Glen Glenn were the two I seemed to be drawn to more than many of the other guys from that era...loved both of them the first time I heard them. [​IMG]

6. Sad, sad news....wonderful man, like Kev (32 Limey) I met Curtis several times. He always had a firm handshake & time for folks.

RIP.

[​IMG]