Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curious: Who all's got Model A's in the works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Oct 18, 2005.

1. NorwegianV8

NorwegianV8
    from Sem City

still got my '31 in "works" but since i started dreaming of using a '32 frame i cant get my self to do anymore :rolleyes:

so in the mean time i beat the sh..... out of the litle green one

Attached Files:

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

QUESTION:

For those with fendered cars, when the body is mounted with the wood and rubber pads, is the car on a slightly forward lean. (with the front firewall mount sitting on the frame webbing and the rear the highest) from my wood and pad kit this seems to be what will happen

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Out of all the cars, which are all very nice...this one toots my horn. Nice proportions sedanman.

4. magnet

magnet

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I got a 30 A pick up in the works!

Dont have any pics..........Yet![​IMG]

6. STEELRAT

STEELRAT

I'm building a '31 low and topless pickup carved from a town sedan and a homemade box. sbc/350 turbo, 8", straight axle w/rack (maybe), no fenders, no hood, and no doors, 15" Cragars and BIG rubber. No pics yet. Hope to be driveable by summer.

7. VanHook

VanHook

Posted my intro some time ago and this will be my first post. I have a 30 five window in the works, 39 flathead and trans, 37 rear axle, 40 brakes with wide five drums. Just have to finish up a few things on the drivetrain and then its on to the body work. Hope to be driving it by spring. Sorry I dont have any digital pics. Chad VanHook

8. Moving right along like a glacier...

Attached Files:

9. you may be moving along like a glacier....but glaciers cut grooves in the earth dude! I think your RPU will cut some grooves in the hotrod scene. That truck stands on it's own and will turn some heads
    good things come to those who wait.....

10. What a killer thread... Heres a few pics taken in the past year starting with my mock up last fall. Car was on hold all spring and summer but is now first and foremost again as I have taken a hiatus from work...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. still need to upholster this one and deal with a couple of other minor annoyances, got kinda side-tracked by the rpu

Attached Files:

12. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

These rides are awsome! Congrats on the cars - COOL!:D

13. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's my next project. Barn fresh running '30 coupe,32 rails, and 409 with 6x2's. I'm still in the gathering stage which is one of the best parts of building a car. I'm thinking a 6" chop is in order :D . We'll drive it around next summer in this condition and then next winter we build......Mike

Attached Files:

14. mad-cad

mad-cad

This is my modelA in race trim,I still have to tidy things up from the rush to get ready for Bonneville back in August,and get rid of the rust from the salt.Have to smooth out the bodywork a bit,as in finish off the seams on the roof chop,repair the rot in the bottom of the doors & cowl.... as always its an ongoing project.

Attached Files:

• hamb.jpg
      hamb.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
  15. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hi Detonator,
    where did you get the fold down stanchions from??
    I'm looking for them to use on my '29 Pheaton.
    Thanks
    Michael

16. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

All main mods are done.
    Body finished
    Frame all cut up and welded
    Motor running
    Parts all over the place.
    Assembly starting NOW :)

Attached Files:

17. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Here's my 31 C-dan I got on the road about a month ago.
    I've been drivin and enjoying the crap out of it!!!

Attached Files:

18. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am trying to help my 15 year old son piece together a 28-29 RPU, and I have rust repaired a pair of doors for him, and fabbed up a pair of cab rear 1/4's, next is fabbing a bed for him. A mate wants to piece together a channelled hiboy pickup, so I have also fabbed him a pair of cab rear 1/4's, and a pair of patch panels for the lower cowl sides. I would like to build either a 28-29 sports coupe or tudor one day, but I need to find a can of enthusiasm and motorvation first to finish the rebuild of my 37 tudor sedan.

Detonator, those two cars are unreal. How about some more pics and details. They both sit oh so right. Spot on.
    Michael

19. AHotRod

AHotRod

20. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I've posted this pic before...should have the dropped axle in by the end of the month. Has a 3 1/2" chop, built 4-banger, etc...

Attached Files:

21. woody

woody

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've posted these before. Not much has happened with it lately. Gonna put the engine(283) in this weekend.

Woody

22. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

I can't post pics, I'm just not computer savy. Ha my spelling sucks too.
    but a pic of My "A" is on this website. It says "31 but it's a "30 I built it my garage about 5 years ago it has about 6,000 miles on it
    327/350/9" boxed frame 4" drop had a buggy spring in the back that was too stiff for my old back.......I'm running coil overs now. LownRusty has a sweet "A" coupe...........
    www.deadendmagazine.com then go to customs and then hot rods it will be listed as bigworms '31

23. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

Lets see some more, or at least the progress sense this thread was started...

24. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

ok, here's my '30 coupe, i guess it will never be done.... mike

Attached Files:

25. I can post some pics later, but mine is a '28 roadster made out of a sedan! Just cut the roof off, found a complete original roadster rear end, cut some sedan doors to fit (or soon to) and threw on an original deuce shell. So the end result is it looks like a real roadster (no odd looking coupster crap here:D). Its 'gonna have bomber seats, no windshield and a low slung roll bar. 7.00/16's in the rear and 5.00/16 Indian M/C tires up front. The mill is a '47 Flathead with Edmunds heads, Edmunds intake with dual 97's, Schneider racing cam and open headers. All backed up by a '37 LaSalle gearbox. '27 Olds gas tank and Auburn instrument panel with SW gauges. Who the hell knows when it will be done, but I've got time.....
    -Dean

26. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

I have this '31 roadster shipped from N.Y. to Finland couple of months ago to replace my '29 Tudor I sold earlier this year. I did put some new hop up parts and a set of wheels from Coker and got the roadster running quite easily. Now I'm waiting the QC rear from Antique Ford, N.Z. and a Ardun-banger from H&H, CA for next summer. Hmmm, gotta get it much lower too!

Attached Files:

27. Chuck R

Chuck R

I love that 31 of yours. when will it be charging down the hiway?
    Chuck

28. Scott

Scott

[​IMG]

Heres mine slow but sure, well maybe

29. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

This is my 31Coupe project. It is getting a flat motor and a 39 toploader for now. Can anybody identify my frame and steering box from the pictures?

31ACoupe:cool:

30. Joe King

Joe King

traded a 62 belair wagon for this thing

Attached Files: