Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curious: Who all's got Model A's in the works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Oct 18, 2005.

1. 1930roadster

1930roadster

My A

Attached Files:

2. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

I've seen the car there it looks bad ass

3. StrickV8

StrickV8

My 31 Tudor AV8 project.

Attached Files:

4. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

Here's my dad's I've been working on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's basically an all stock '29 Model A Cabriolet, and I believe mostly original. I'm aiming to get it running soon, then might sell it. My dad restored it probably 20-30 years ago, stuffed it in a garage along with the truck he did. Now I have more projects.
    The paint is flaking but I'll probably leave that to the new owner, along with the door panels. Preference will probably be different.

5. Starting this sedan now. will be full fendered, no chop,327 with 700R4. Have rolling TCI chassis with 9" rear. Will be suede finish, haven't decided what color.

Attached Files:

6. rexrogers

rexrogers

here is a little side work project i am working on for a local guy. I have yet to get 220 in the new garage so i am gas welding all the panels in, a little slower than tig welding but its working added a real 32 cowl vent to the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Just dug into my PU

before
    [​IMG]

and now, its apart to redo the chassis, lower it more and added a different motor/trans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 29 Roadster Pre War Style In the Works.......

Attached Files:

9. now that's what im talking about! awesome! man this thread just wont die ha-ha. heres my new project.

Attached Files:

10. GearHead614

GearHead614

Heres a few pics of the roadster im building Early 40's style. The first 2 pics is what it looked like when i bought it. The last pic is what it looked like about 2 months later. i have since laid the windsheild back added headlights

Attached Files:

11. tracer55

tracer55
    from ohio

Here are a couple of pics of the coupe I have been working on for way to long. Hopefully this summer she will see the road.

Attached Files:

12. draggler

draggler

Me 2 . Have a few pics in the album .No new ones installed yet ,30 model coupe l.f.d. grafting the rood on where she was scalped by someone uappreciative of one not really needing to have been scalped ,in my assumption! Highboy style 30 model a frame boxed,kicked up 7 1/2 in the rear and flatened and bowtied front cross member ,,,.Any ways planning the proverbial 6 inch roof ear lowering treatment. when the structure is sound enough to do so ! I reckon pics speak louder than words . Im working on it !

13. oj

oj

Heres a '29 Tudor, frame is to be media blasted this week and hope to start on the chassis next week. I have a 59a with a '39 toploader, getting a '40 yearend and convert to open drive. Gonna lower it some, no chop nor channel; fenderless, '32 grille & lake pipes and '35 spokes. Just a conservative, very traditional build.

Attached Files:

14. kdtjb

kdtjb
    from Idaho

this is my 31

Attached Files:

15. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Here is mine was on hold for awhile due to shoulder surgeries. Just started working on it again and got my hemi last week.

Attached Files:

• 151.jpg
      151.jpg
      File size:
      241.7 KB
      Views:
  16. Well, here's mine:

[​IMG]

Not much, but all I can afford. I'll be collecting parts over the summer and then start messing with it this winter.

Anyone have a couple of roadster doors they want to part with?

17. Nice looking A's on this thread! I hope to get mine running this summer.

Attached Files:

18. Dave50

Dave50

I am building A 30 will post pics 2morrow dont have any here at home

19. Tommy R

Tommy R

Picked this up in Kansas and brought it home to Austin this past weekend. It lived in Wisconsin before that according to the seller. '30 coupe with Speedway Deuce rails. Trying to source the parts to make a rolling chassis then I'll start on body work and sheet metal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Everybody tells me its not done ....when are you going to paint it ??...
    so it will always be in the works....

Some fine A's on this thread anxious to see all done...

Attached Files:

21. moefuzz

moefuzz

I thought some of you Models A guys might enjoy this 'found' youtube video of a '31 Tudor chasing down a Steam Train.

<object height="525" width="660">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cIB6b0HPTXI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="525" width="660"></object>

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

'28-'29 Model A Sports Coupe.. Going the roadster route..

What it looked like 2 years ago.. (the cowl was added a month or so later)
    [​IMG]

Finally got around to moving another project into storage and brought this inside. I'm doing some smaller body modifications for now, going to move the sub-rails inside next week and start doing repairs on it (lots of cracked areas)..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going to cap the doors, and I got a massive amount of body line parts from a friend who chopped his Model A Sedan, so I'm going to make a lip that runs around the top of the rear quarters and trunk top panel that will match the body lines of the top of the doors. I have a lot of ideas for small touches to try and make this different from just another Sports Coupe with the top hacked off. My plans are to build a scratch built '32 style frame out of tube steel (like the tech articles on the tech board). Find an odd-ball motor with a multi-carb set up (Nailhead, Olds, Caddy, etc) 4 speed, Banjo (for now, til I can afford a Ford 9 inch). I'm dying to put skinnies and slicks on it (probably just regular bias ply tires on front, slicks out back) on chrome reverses, or black steelies.

I'm going to try and quit rambling now.. I've got more aspiration than I do skills. But skills can always be attained. Wish me luck.

23. 322century

322century
    from Europe

Mine ... From Europe

Attached Files:

24. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Any new projects?

25. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

I have a few the coupe was built with a 49 merc. motor in 1958,stored in the 60s.The sedan is a drag car i'm building,the P.U. was going to be a jaloppy it is on a restored chassie,but i think i'll sell it

Attached Files:

26. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Here is my 31 roadster pickup. I havent touched it in 2 years, so now it is in the classified's ! I just have too many iron's in the fire.:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Real Tradition

Real Tradition
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

Humble beginnings.

28. hurst

hurst

Man I got to get a kid to teach me to post pictures. I have a 29 roadster. 52 flathead t5 behind it .Disks on the front.With wide 5 wheels. 38 or 39 rear end ordered the open drive conversion. Got clutch working. Soon to install the body on the frame.

29. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Here's my main squeeze.

Attached Files: