Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I dug up this old snapshot of the engine in my first hot rod

it's a '62 Olds 394 with J2 carbs on an Offenhauser manifold

block and heads smoothed and painted bright red

[​IMG]

2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Coming along well!

3. WOW ! that was killer Paul ! Red block and heads , interesting choice back then... I like it.

4. I like that motor and the color Paul. Any chance you have some pulleys that would work on my motor so I can add air? I need to have it here. Putting it down low on the pass. as low as I can get it. Figured you might just have something like that.

5. Your kidding right? Lol, Shawn says put a swamp cooler on it! Pussy!

6. You have not been down here in a while Rob. We have this thing called "sunshine" and it comes in heatwaves. I need to be comfortable in my approaching old age. I'm building this thing once and to drive. Ha!

7. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Dale I might have the pulley you need

Tony

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Aint no body gonna call a fellow AZ hot rodder a pussy for putting A/C on his car on my watch! I have spent lots of time up there and I know what you guys consider a hot day, and what shuts the whole works down up there... That aint hot! Not by a long shot!!! What we have down here is mind warping, will-to-live sapping oven conditions that if you intend to drive in, ya need some cooling. Period... Carry on!

EDIT Oh, I forgot to add the smiley faced thingy :D

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

well then, just turn it off when you come up here.

:)

Dale you will probably have better luck with Tony
    unless you want to come up here and dig around in the pile

10. We get sunshine here. Did old guys in the 60's have a/c?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  11. Lol ok, pussy was harsh. I see how defensive you guys get when your hot and uncomfortable .lol

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

impatiently waiting for the aircraft seat transformation...no pressure, just sayin'...:p:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

HaHaHa! Ya, that's for true! You think I'm irratable 'bout that, just sing a bar or two of "Summertime and the living is easy"!!!
    No, got a soft spot for that argument 'cause in the couple of summers I spent driving the Plymouth around Washington, a couple of times I almost was disincluded from a couple of "traditional" shows 'cause someone saw my A/C vents and cloth seats... "Look at the plates, sir..."

And Paul, I remember in day in summer '06 when it got hot enough to shut down some main state offices when I was in Seattle area with the Plym... A/C wasn't on and I wasn't sweating. We have a name for days like that down here. We call them "mid winter"!

14. LOL what ???? you guys only get one season there ZZZZZ ! :D Is there anything green there(well said for the Cactus) .... well if it has a/c Dale will very happy since he's old like me... and may wilt like lettuce.. LOL :D

15. Clark

Clark

Dale...it's funny i was thinking about putting some real early style flames on the front of my car. Off white/tan body with maroon flames on the nose.

I like that 32. Would look great on your car.
    Clark

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Last post on this and I won't take Dale's thread any farther off topic for humor, I promise. But you mentioned nothing green - You can keep that stuff as far as I'm concerned! The first couple of weeks I would run around Washington each summer, it was like a weird clostrophobia, Way tooooo much green! When you spend a lifetime in the desert, your used to seeing that spot of light 30 miles out where you know there's a gas station or water. Up there, all that is hidden in a blanket of green. It's a really weird feeling. Here's hoping Dale doesn't wilt.

17. Dale, It look's KILLER and has that curb speed thing going for it. Ya can't go wrong with Ken's ways of doing things.
    See ya on the salt.

18. So Cal Greg

So Cal Greg

That car is bitchin! You are right about the door gaps being a lot of work. Mine took me several months of weekends to get right. This thread is very motivating for me to get going on my car again. Thanks.

19. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Thirty Hamb pages and you're not done with that heater. Get with it! Get off your computer and get to work!

20. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Maybe 30 pages but Haste makes Waste
    Mike

21. Ya Greg, The chop you guys did on yours was inspiration for me! I was wondering when you where going to chime in. I expect to see some progress soon. Your car will be bitchin'.
    Alright fella's, Enough about the weather. The A/C will be going in or my wife will never go anywhere with me. I'll hide it all.

Thanks Clark! A voice of reason in the wilderness.

Larry, as soon as the chop is finished up I will reinstall the dash and start working on the
    steering column and seat arrangement. Soon. I promise.

Tony, I will call you and see what you have. Thanks.

Thanks again for the comments. I gotta make some progress instead of all this blathering. Out.

22. torchmen49

torchmen49

Dale, been so out of the loop lately, working on my own stuff. You guys nailed the chop in my opinion. Take your time with the garnish, get em right. I'll call ya soon and catch up.

23. Alright fella's, Enough about the weather. The A/C will be going in or my wife will never go anywhere with me. I'll hide it all.

Isn't that kind of the idea for no a/c ?? LOL , keep the updates coming buddy !

24. Fenders

Fenders

Permit me a comment on PHX weather -- Chip is right, it gets hot there. Hot enough, I think it was in '85, when Sky Harbor essentially closed down because it was so hot (and the air was so thin) that the planes couldn't take off.
    No kidding. 115* as I recall.

25. damnfingers

damnfingers

Just had the weather here in Mississippi described as so "hot and wet you can wear it". A/C is absolutely necessary here.

26. s*%t ! back to the build , enough about the weather... let's see progress on the 34... sorry Dale... GEEZ

27. btt, hey Dale !!! sorry I won't be Bonneville... anymore updates ????

28. No updates. Been workin' on a few home projects. Taking a small break until after Bonneville than I will be back thrashing on it. I feel guilty but gotta not neglect my responsibilities at home. The salt will give me an energy boost for sure. Wish you were coming down pal. You had plenty of notice. Lee is flying into Tucson on Tuesday and riding with me to the salt. You still can come if ya want.

29. Will be there in spirit with you guys !!!! I would have loved driving down with Wheelock... Just wasn't in the cards.... :(

Drink a salute, and say a good bye to your father on the salt for me Dale.
    say hi to Greg, and all the guys...

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dale, ya gonna be up at Watson Lake tomorrow?