Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cunifer tubing with 37 degree flare

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 hudson, Mar 6, 2015.

1. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I am using 3/8 cunifer tubing for fuel lines with a 37 degree flare to An fittings. Should I be using a single flare or a double flare on the tubing considering the cunifer is softer material then like stainless which usually has single flare I believe ? What do you guys recommend single or double flare ?

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's really not what some guy(s) recommend, but what's correct. AN 37 degree requires a single flair, and 45 degree inverted fittings require a double flair. :)

bobkatrods likes this.
  3. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

4. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Thanks guys. I was thinking a single flare but wanted to get an opinion. We had used a single flare for aluminum 1/2 inch tubing for a race car fuel line low pressure before and it seamed to work ok. My first time working with the cunifer tubing for a high pressure fuel line.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm going to use the 3/8" Cunifer tubing for my fuel line also, but I am going the other way on several of the fittings using a compression fitting.
    We used then for years in industry and I like how they work.

6. Roadsir

Roadsir

Aluminum tube is used with 37 degree single flares on aircraft and racing. I would think cunifer would be just fine.