Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cuban Cars.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Mar 4, 2012.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

The expanation I got about the passport stamp was they do not stamp it to save you from being questioned by the USA upon entry there. It is all Bull Shit, it is Cuban politics with the we hate the USA theme. The average Joe Cuban loves the USA and most would like to go there.

But getting back to the cars, some are very rough, but some are well preserved and very cool especially the rare converts.

2. kustoms36

kustoms36

look thay nice 35,from my last trip to havana....

Attached Files:

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

The big joke is the US could have had Cuba on their side if they recognized the Castro government in 1959 but they refused because Castro nationalized the sugar industry. So they decided to bring Cuba to its knees with a trade embargo. Only then did Castro snuggle up to the Commies.

By the way how is that embargo thing working so far?

4. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Video - "Classic American Cars Of Cuba"
    Mart3406
    -------------------------
    WLIW21 Arts & Culture - "Classic
    American Cars Of Cuba
    "

"Escape to Havana for a 1950s time
    capsule of sleek lines, shiny chrome
    and tail fins.
    "

Click here to view:
    http://watch.wliw.org/video/1317690969
    ====================

5. moefuzz

moefuzz

Another reason to visit your northern neighbor.

Personnely, I like a simple little Cuban called a 263.

It is the kinda cigar that smokes without making the women mad and leaving a stank in the room.

Tastes very smooth, not as harsh as most cigars and stays lite without having to constantly puff.

The price is currently $2.50 per at the local cigar shop.

......Now where did I hide the humidor????

6. Beau

Beau

Watch this.

<script class="4bbcf200-a749-11e0-a92a-0026bb61d036" src="http://embed.snagfilms.com/embed/embed.js?filmId=4bbcf200-a749-11e0-a92a-0026bb61d036&width=500"></script>

7. just looked it up. Not available online. Is it just me, or do they make any movie you actually SEARCH for "unavailable" so that you have to pay for the extra subscription...

8. haha, me too.... i was in cuba around 2001... two weeks, it was cool, kinda like stepping back in time... maybe not to the 50's but at least the early 70's, haha

9. I "think" almost sure U.S. citizens can go to Cuba but you can't spend U.S. Dollars. So you go to Canada, exchange your money, go to Cuba, buy stuff exchange what money you have left when you get back to Canada then prepare to explain to Customs what you brought and where you brought it. "I think".

10. Beau

Beau

I watched it using the the Wii (the only thing it's good for). I thought all the movies online were available on the Wii too.

Oh well, I posted the video.

11. FleetlineDLux

FleetlineDLux
    from Canada

Was just in Hoguin and saw quite a few 49-54 chev taxis at our resort, they mostly ran toyota diesels as well. I think cuba saw a crap load of chevs back in the day. I saw one that had a 235 with a toyota 5 speed behind it, the owner said no adapter plate or mods whatsoever..anyone know about this?

Cigars were outstanding, I bought a box of cristos for 80 bux that sells for 390 here!

12. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Actually you can go direct from the US to Cuba legally.
    We're going next month from Miami to Havana with a cultural exchange group for one week. I'll let you know how it goes. I can't wait to see it.

13. skidsteer

skidsteer

..... I was told if you go, be ready to surrender your US passport, you'll be a man without a country while there.

14. sheltonk7

sheltonk7

it is a neon

15. [QUOTECigars were outstanding, I bought a box of cristos for 80 bux that sells for 390 here![/QUOTE]

Unless they were cigarillos you got screwed.

16. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Here are a few pic's from my trip.
    I got arrested for taking photo's, something to do with national security since I was stay less that 1/4 mile from the hospital where Castro was held up at that time.

I had no idea where the hell he was and could have been all BS for all I knew!!!

Lost a whole day of my trip and saw a little of the dark side.
    No embassy thing did not make it easy there for a few hours.
    Thought I was going to take a right hook or at least loose a couple of teeth.

These guys answer to nobody...

Cuban people are nice enough and love talking about old cars, but the authorities are crap...

Attached Files:

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You were obviously spying on them, Damn Americans. LOL. Seriously I think you were very LUCKY . I have seen them take people away and they did not look so good when they returned.

18. I have been a few times and search out henry J,s Have found one each time we are there. use the Cuban taxi,s all the time and do road trips. Most are diesel now but there are some very good conversions, used a 55 chevy and a 57 Dodge last time Just a few weeks ago. Both owners let me drive their cabs . had a cool time Chevy had air
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcB_ZXRO8mA

19. oddcraig

oddcraig

The Neon's were released in Japan among other places so was possibly imported from there.

Nice pics btw!