Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage CSRA Swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Król, May 1, 2016.

1. Król

Król

Just got home from CSRA Swap meet in Bristol Ct. No traffic going in and only 1/3 of field filled with venders. Same with turn out at the Stafford Springs swap meet? What's going on never seen it like this?

2. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Weather was a factor today!
    I heard Stafford ? all the deals were Saturday?

3. The issue today is rain. I was planning on going, but with the weather, why bother. I suspect it would have been packed if it had been nice out.

4. i did get to talk to a bunch of friends up there. i saw some cool stuff and the weather was fine, just a few drops when we left at 9. the forecast was for rain so i think it scared off the vendors, can't blame them it would have sucked to haul all your crap in, set up, and then sit in the rain .
    i bought a few shop supplies and a crappy egg sandwich.

5. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Small, but it was worth the hour drive.
    Weather killed it.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Very few cars for sale, even fewer hot rods on the show area, so why do they still have one lane for entry, with
    a lane reserved for vendors and one for show cars. Combine the vendor and street rod lane, use 2 for the people
    trying to get in. The turnout was much lower this year than past years but yes the weather kept a lot of people home and less vendors, and the vendors that were there may have left some of their stuff home for ease of loading. I was there at 6am, home by 8:15, first time I ever left before 11:00.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I really thought it was going to be next Sunday! Grandson turned 4 so it would have been a rush up to Bristol and back home by 11:00 for his party. Bob

9. Bob, we left by 9, Mike took us on one of his "homing pigeon" type routes through side roads, alleys and parking lots. we stopped for breakfast, solved a few world problems and i was home by 11:00. you would have had no problem and i am sorry i didn't remind you when i saw you.
    why wasn't his birthday celebrated at the swop meet? cake, candles and greasy parts.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Home Depot has a monthly kids program were they build things, they will also host a Birthday party as well. Lots of fun watching kids build things, none of them had a cell phone. Sorry I missed Spring CSRA, hope the weather is better in the Fall. Bob

11. Stayed home and cleaned off the top of one work bench!:rolleyes: Actually had a friend function to attend. Rain did not help that either!:(

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  12. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I think weather scared a lot of people off, The few bits and pieces I did have interest in were wildly over priced. Bu it was nice to walk around and shoot the shit with some friends.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Weather forecast killed it, I have never seen so few vendors. Still picked up some killer deals, we never leave that show empty.
    Rhinebeck is this weekend, hoping for better weather.

14. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

jetnowl- I heard they are looking for new members to help out at their shows. Maybe you can give them some ideas? They have been doing the same thing for over 25 years and it works every year, so why change the recipe? No matter what cones and signs are set up some asshole has to be the new hero and get 1 car ahead either going in or out. This I saw Sunday with limited people even. I always give them a compliment when I am in line because I know they volunteered all day Saturday setting up and all day Sunday rain or shine. Look at the big picture. Think they have a crystal ball for how many are coming?
    Great job as always CSRA. And you all may not know this, but, the CSRA gives back to the community and this money doesn't get somebody rich. (Like Stafford and other meets)They do this for all of us and to keep the hobby alive.

Paul B, ct1932ford and The37Kid like this.
  15. hey @GregCT. , i never caught back up with you did you buy anything else?

16. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

CSRA
    They are a great bunch of guys!
    Always helping people in need !
    I always go to support there functions!
    Last few years didn't buy much, but great to see everyone!!!
    I remember going to Superior spring in Hartford! Some of the early swapmeets.
    When I was a Member, I helped all night, at Two guys on the Berlin turnpike.
    Those were fun years ! I made many friends also!!!

Paul B likes this.