Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Crushing Another Yard - McBride Auto Wrecking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dare-to-be-different, Apr 19, 2018.

1. I have heard thru the Packard grapevine that a large junkyard full of rusting automotive artwork is being crushed and scrapped very soon.

According to the news report, link below, this news article is less than a day old.

I tried and tried to get a working phone number for McBride Auto Wrecking in Grantsville Ut, or owner Dennis McBride.

"cannot be completed at this time" chamber of commerce not helpful. City Hall said they could not reveal his number to me. Well, they eventually helped me to get this number in a flyer. .. 435-830-0069.

I didn't get an answer, but left a message on what sounded like a typical cellphone.

My impression is that local govt offices may or may not be willing to help you find and buy parts. Dono who likes this particular business in that town and who hates this business.

http://ksltv.com/394241/utahs-classic-car-scrap-yard-forced-make-way-new-homes/

I'm still trying to find out if I can rush across country and drag home another project car, but I can't seem to contact the right person.
    Am I wasting my time?
    THE NEWS SAYS 300 A DAY ARE BEING CRUSHED, and mid June it ends.
    Too late?

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I live close to it. He does have a bunch of high end cars but they were never in the yard.....he keeps them in his aircraft hangar at his house. I haven't been there in a few years but maybe its time for a visit. He is a real nice guy and his prices were fair.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Thanks!
    Can I ask a favor ?

Can someone near the place tell me if there are any of these 1958 Studebakers left --- 58 sedan, but with the hardtop roof and glass... ??
    I dont care if the car is crumbling everything below the door handles, or has no interior or engine or frame. Anything above the door handles is my main interest.
    I dont care if it sunk in the ground and dissolved as long as I can dig it out and winch-drag a hulk onto my trailer. or even cut it away (usually not allowed in the yard)
    I need the upper half, or even upper third, of the rusted hulk that can give me the roof, glass, and some cowl window frame cuttings.
    HELP?

THESE TWO PICS ARE NOT FROM THE YARD. THEY ARE GOOGLE PICS SHOWING THE ROOF I AM LOOKING FOR :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need the roof, glass, and cowl that can give me the late 50s chrysler hardtop look, but fits on a Studebaker.
    Do they have any, even rough ones?
    Thanks!
    55 stude coupe hood and grille can come later if I ever find the right roof first :)

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

That is a pretty cool roof line, '58 only? Would have thought it would catch on.

5. Deuces

Deuces

I thought the original thread got deleted earlier.....