Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crush Alert - I TOLD YOU SO. Bertram, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by treb11, Mar 3, 2007.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a half dozen 57 chevys - gone, four 46-48 trucks with 59ab flatheads - gone. 56 chevy 2 door that was perfect gasser material - gone. Studebakers gone. Next up to be crushed, a wierd French thing with a V8-60 with ALUMINUM HEADS. Oldsmobiles with Rocket 88's. Mercurys with MEL motors. Hudsons, Studebaker pickups. Scrap metal prices are up and this stuff is doomed. Go mine, I told ya'll.

2. flathead48

flathead48

IT makes me sick to my stomach to hear that shit happening. Loss of words

3. That sucks! That weird French thing would be a Simca if you can grab it do as the V8-60 in them are far better than the earlier ones, from what I have been told. A lot of the Midget sprint cars that ran here in Australia used the Simca V8-60s.

4. guiseart

guiseart

shit happens like that every second somewhere... can't save 'em all.

I have trouble convincing my Iron Scrapper guy to save ANYTHING... but he's finally starting a stash over the hill we are gonna start trying to sell off and preserve... one of these days.

5. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Yeah, scrap jumped. Its a good reason for people with alot of crap laying around to jack up prices.

Thats pretty sad, get some money and go save that stuff.

I almost freaked out over the rusty-as-hell Kentucky stuff around here that was supposed to have been crushed by now...guy was just messing around with me though.

6. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

And you could have bought anything out there for $400. And I bet you still could, if there is anything left. Wish I would have had a place for them, I would have bought several of them myself. Didn't see the French thing when I was there or I might have snagged the engine.