Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruise-O-Matic shifter probs...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hunter Bender, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

any one know of an after market floor shifter for a cruise o matic. the shift linkage in my galaxie is sooo sloppy. just wondering if any of you guy's know of anything besides a b&m or anthing like that. no race car looking shit
    thank's.....

2. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

If you like this shifter the problem is probaly the bushings are wore out.....just replace them.......if the linkage is wore you can weld and grind it back down..........

3. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

the bushings look good. i think there is something missing. like a bracket or something. when you shift at the column the whole assembly by the steering box moves all over the place. seems like something should be holding it firm. i got the car with stuff taken apart so i don't know what it looked like before. seems like there should be something that bolts to the trans or the motor or something...

4. Frank

Frank

There is a bracket that bolts to the bell housing that holds one end of the pivot. Its the piece in the lower part of the picture. Supposed to be a bushing in it. I never could locate this bushing and ended up using a piece of brass and turning my own bushing. I'm sure someone probably makes it though.

Also, I found that I needed to adjust my linkage at the end of my steering column. You should be able to figure it out once you take a good look at it. Make sure your e-brake holds well.

Here is the complete linkage assembly.

Attached Files:

• ec_1.jpg
      ec_1.jpg
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views: