Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cruise-o-matic medium case bad noise !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigtikiboy, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Bigtikiboy

Bigtikiboy
    from Paris 75

Hello everybody from France !

I have a Cruise-o-matic medium case on my 64' Mercury and after my vacation my gearbox make a bad noise from the converter (I think because when you are under the car and you listenning the gearbox you can heard a lot when your are under the converter and the same noise but not so loud when you are under the oil sump.)

If anyone have an idea of the part can do this noise ... maybe the converter ? Maybe the pump ? Maybe a bearing ? The noise ride with your rpm and became more quiet after 50mph...

The torque nut of the converter is ok, the starter is ok, engine is really good ...

Video : http://dl.free.fr/jIBhTqBk5

Thank you so much, sorry for my bad english and I hope you can see the video !

2. Bigtikiboy

Bigtikiboy
    from Paris 75

Anybody can't help me ? Thank

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have guessed a bolt holding the converter to the flywheel. check them each for a crack not just tight.

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Sounds like front pump is going bad.

5. Bigtikiboy

Bigtikiboy
    from Paris 75

Thanks for your answer ! Bolt from converter are ok... Pump I don't know, I think I need to put a rebuilt kit but It's not easy in France !
    Do you know some shop who sell parts for MX Cruise-o-matic ?
    What kind of transmission is easy to put behind a 390 ? C6 ?

Thank a lot !