Register now to get rid of these ads!

crazy stretched flathead crosley from hi speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Feb 12, 2007.

1. tjm73

tjm73

Why do some people get so upset over what others do with their cars?

I like this car. I think it's pretty cool. I'd enjoy driving and racing it.

2. flathead okie

flathead okie

actually I ha[​IMG]ve two that I was going to do the same thing with

3. Yes boys.....I certianly know this is not runnin a flathead......I hope I know a small chevy from a flathead!!:rolleyes: I know I posted that in the title and tried to correct it (after looking more closely at the tiny pics)but it was too late. Thanks for the ribbing..I diserved it! :D
    Anyway....I REALLY dig this car and it is not any different than all of the tiny car+giant engine rails that floated around in the front engine rail heydays. For god sakes look at all the cut to hell fiats,bantams, anglias or a 32 ford sedan that has the rear axle moved up into the middle of the front doors. Everyone has their own style and this just drives home the point. If it was like every ride out there no one would be talking about it.

4. 2manybillz

2manybillz

Best use I ever saw was a Crosley panel sectioned front to rear till it was about 8" wide and used as a hanging sign for a body shop.

5. 2manybillz

2manybillz

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I dig it, I'd drive it.

7. Hi*Speed

Hi*Speed

Just for the record we didn't build this one. We picked it up in Pomona a while back after not finding too much and "Dougie" here stuck in the corner of our eye. It's different, but not that much in many ways, as BigIron pointed out. We always thoroughly inspect the cars we buy/sell/build and don't settle for quality less than top-notch. We questioned the frontend from day one. The lack of brakes scares most people as it is, but what got to us were the original cast Anglia spindles. They were just waiting to go, so we replaced 'em with new ones we machined. You don't want to drive the wheels off of it literally. It's as safe and as comfortable as it can be (does it look comfortable?). And it's more fun than the whorehouse on dollar day.

8. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Attached Files:

9. Hi*Speed

Hi*Speed

Just for the record we didn't build this one. We picked it up in Pomona a while back after not finding too much and "Dougie" here stuck in the corner of our eye. It's different, but not that much in many ways as BigIron pointed out. We always thoroughly inspect the cars we buy/sell/build, and don't settle for quality less than top-notch. The lack of front brakes scares most people as it is, but what got to us were the original cast Anglia spindles. They were just waiting to go, so we replaced 'em with some new ones we machined. Nobody wants to drive the wheels off of it literally. It's as safe and as comfortable as it can be (does it look comfortable?). And it's more fun than the whorehouse on dollar day.

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

I watched it on ebay and it didnt meet reserve...

11. Cshabang

Cshabang

i admit I like it too..haha

12. I got into a big heated arguement on another forum over this car, man I thought it was all behind me....lol

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

Is there another forum ??? :confused:

14. I never saw anyone mention that that wheelbase was not a trick done for asthetics sake...it has to be done before it would be allowed to race at any NHRA track.....
    Crosleys are not long enough wheelbase to meet their tech..
    I have a 57Nash Metropolitan and its about the same W/B...85" or so!