Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Crazy idea for a custom - '55 T-bird wagon!- Photoshop anyone??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mart3406, Mar 3, 2012.

1. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

I was surfing the net the other
    night and I came across some
    pics of a custom-built '62 T-bird
    that had been converted to a
    2-door station wagon.

Pics of it here:
    http://stationwagonforums.com/forums/gallery/showimage.php?i=4204&c=46

That got me thinking about what
    a '55 or '56 T-bird would look like,
    with the body cut off just behind
    the doors, the wheelbase extended
    a bit and grafted on to the back
    half of a '55, '56 or '57 2-dr Ford
    wagon - (and maybe even utilizing
    Ford "Ranch Wagon"-style" wood
    side trim!:eek:) Not that I have the
    wherewithal or any intention of
    building such a thing, but I'm
    curious as to how it would look.
    Anybody here want to try
    photoshopping such a beast???

Mart3406
    =============

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. Dont know about the birds but that used to be popular back in the 70's &80's. There were two 70 cudas with the vista cruiser wagon tops grafted on in Arlington Tx. when I was growing up. Wish I had pics.

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

It doesn't work for me.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Squablow

Squablow

I don't know if I'm feeling it either, although I've gotta admit, that's a pretty damn good photoshop job. If that's your work Bob, well done.

I worked at a T-bird restoration shop for a long time and at one point we had a black '55 sitting outside parked right next to a black '67 Mustang fastback, and if you stood in just the right spot to line up the fastback roof with the 'bird, it looked like a fastback T-bird, and it looked fantastic, a lot like the '53 Corvette Waldorf fastback concept car. I don't think I'd use a Mustang roof if I wanted to build one, but the fastback T-bird coupe looked really cool. I wish I would have lined up a picture of it.

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Yes, that was my photoshop of the Tbird, thanks.

Here,s my attempt at a fastback:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I don't know, would a delivery look better? After selling my 79 Ranchero with T Bird front sheet metal, I'm feeling the need for a 79 LTD wagon 2dr delivery conversion with T Bird front sheet metal. OT I know, but I miss the Ranchero.

7. i like the wagon photoshop better then the fastback

the fastback might look better if the roof was sloped more

if you have the baby bird and a donor wagon roof and dont mind pissing in the weaties of all the baby bird worshippers id go for it

8. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

The fast back looks pretty good to me

9. Maybe the wagon concept on a '55 or '56?

10. fleet-master

fleet-master

that wagon actually looks pretty good to me. I have a friend here was building a 55 Chevy into a 55-6 T-Bird style custom. It was lookin quite good when I last saw it a few years back.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The '57 'Bird with the hard top might make a sporty Ranchero, better than the 'wagon...

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

As a wagon it probably would look better if it had a flatter 57 roof instead of the 55/56 roof that was more ambulance like.

13. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

No matter how you do it I think the roof on a T-bird would have to high because the body is so low you need the high top for head room.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

tbird_wagons.jpg I did this photoshop image back in '12. It inspired someone to build the real thing. The person who built this wagon (the bottom one) found the image I did on the net and contacted me to find out if the car was real. I told it was only a figment of my imagination so he started gathering parts to build a real one. He sent me a club newsletter today with a story about his car.

Sancho, Squablow and kiwijeff like this.
  15. ^^^ That's very cool, the fact that it was built inspired by your work.

16. Squablow

Squablow

That's awesome! There should be a thread about cars that were photoshopped and then came to life, I know there are a few, but this is a really great story, and he was damn true to your picture too!

17. Erwin

Erwin

Personally, I think the original T bird body looks so fine, I can't really appreciate it as a wagon. I'm wondering how the hardtop with a Corvette style wrap around back window would work. Not that I'm unhappy with the stock roof in the least. One of the 60's AMT model kits came with a fastback top as a customizing option. I'm not into it. It's T bird not a Jag.

18. How about the roof panel and back window from a 65-66 Mustang? More contoured to the 'Bird body IMO.

19. metalman

metalman

Sorry, but I think that wagon conversion above is hideous, the photo shopped version is much better. Looks like he used a 64/65 Falcon roof, too square and awkward looking, especially in the windows and where it meets the windshield IMHO.

20. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Yes, he used a Falcon wagon roof, shopped a mid '50s Ford on mine, I think the lines look like it was almost factory.

It was a lot easier for me to do the modification on a computer, what he did was a lot harder and I will bow to his talents over mine.

21. How bout a split widow Bird ???

Oldmics