Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Crazy Big hubcap and wheel cover collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Jul 3, 2018.

1. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Thinking about it, I can't think of a better security "moat" around your castle than a wall of caps, maybe 10ft wide, a foot high. No one could get through quietly especially on a dark night.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Hnstray likes this.
  2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I could try that, I did have the idea a few years ago to construct an elaborate wheel cover lined flower bed system for my wife all around the house. The idea got vetoed by her , she just does not have my high class ambitions I guess. A couple weeks ago I put a big box of wheel covers out by the end of the driveway thinking someone would take them, the next morning I found three more boxes full of caps that the neighbors have left for me. All common assed stuff that I have stacks of! Why is it no one want to donate any 57 Caddy, Olds Fiestas or Dodge Lancer caps?

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I acquired about 150 hubcaps at an auction. Paid $60. Got 4 57 Caddy caps. Would of paid 200 for the lot just for those caps. Kept the 25 or so I wanted. Went to a swap meet and sold a few for $5 a piece. Sombody even bought my IHC dog dish hubcap cause he had never seen one. Sold a few at a garage sale. The rest went to a friend who had a collection on his wall. I`m a minimalist, only keep what I like. The problem is I like a lot of things.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

putting a listing on ebay is free until the item sells. if you are sitting here with a truckload of easily shipped items and can not figure out what to do with them there is really nothing anyone can do to help you.

people seem to bring something to a swap meet once and decide no one wants it. it baffles the mind. I guess selling junk is not for everyone.

5. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

well, Buckeye Buick has seen my stash, i'm now accumulating enough to side my building. I once saw a barn in Maryland that had one side completely covered in caps, you could not look at it when the sun was shining.

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

......and the reflection could be seen from outer space!! :D

7. I can see a giant glint of stainless when I go to Google Earth and look at my pile.

Hnstray likes this.
  8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Hey Mike, let me know when you get your building covered with the hubcaps. That is such a hell of a big surface I am sure we can get you in the record book or maybe you could open "THE JUNK YARD PIRATE THEME PARK OF AUTOMOTIVE ATTRACTIONS" You could even include your collection of used ladies under garments and church key display. See there, there are other hot rodders that think like you:)

9. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I have seen that glow in the sky to the west of me before, I thought my buddies shine operation had exploded.

31Dodger and Hnstray like this.
  10. Try putting together assortments of 20 or 30 and listing them as "Instant Garage Period Personality Wall Hangers". Any old car guys with a new house in the 'burbs, they need this. :rolleyes:

Hnstray likes this.
  11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

"collection of used ladies' under garments....." now, there is something I can get behind...so to speak! (especially U-pick) ;)

Ray

12. I offered to GIVE some to the owner of the local '50s diner for decor....he never showed up to get any. Whenever someone comes by the house and I show them the pile for the first time, they are in awe. I usually ask them to take what they need from the pile.

13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Knowing the Junk Yard Pirate he may have a collection of the used garments and another collection of used ladies. You got to watch that old fart every second, but he is a hell of a nice guy and has loads of goodies in that big old garage.

Hnstray likes this.
  14. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Throw a big bunch of them in a ditch after taping the business card on a couple of some vendor you can't stand.
    You'll have fewer caps and the private smile of knowing the cops are going to make him clean up the mess and have to take them home.

RMR&C and Hnstray like this.
  15. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

It scares the hell out of me to know I am not the only one who thinks like that! Great idea, the only problem is that the guy I have in mind to do that do would not have business cards, I will have to mark his name and number on the caps with a dull crayon as that would be his choice to communicate with.

31Dodger likes this.
  16. WiseRestorations

WiseRestorations

Read the first page of comments so dont know if this has been touched on, get a few nice ones drill a hole in the center go to hobby lobby and buy a $5 dollar clock movement. Or instead of trying to sell them as hub caps sell them as blank clock faces

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"I have a couple of them but they are in really bad shape, as in beat, cracked and rusty as hell."

Start by separating all of this type into a scrap pile.

18. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get three or four of your closest friends, tell them to bring their shotguns, about 7 or 8 boxes of shells and a six pack or two of Olympia each. One of you throw until your arm gives out while the others shoot, then change off. Then, you can haul them off to the scrap yard with no regrets.

31Dodger likes this.
  19. Funny - I have some my mom gave me from her thrift store travels along with other family gifts....those I'll keep til I'm gone....someone's else's problem after.....

20. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I am afraid 3 or 4 of my friends, beer and shotguns may be a bad combination,o_O but it does sound like fun.

21. 5window

5window

Well, you could yell "pull" and see which they grabbed first.

22. If you want some more for free you can stop by my place. It's amazing how hubcaps seem to follow other parts you buy.

23. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Looking for a set (or sets) of 1940-41 Lincoln/Lincoln Zephyr hubcaps (say "Zephyr V12") and 56-57 Lincoln Premier full wheel covers with muti point star emblem. Any chance you would have these in your collection ? Thanks, Lucas

24. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner, I haven't checked this thread in a while. I have had all the caps you are speaking of in the past but they went pretty fast. I have cherry picked most of the really popular stuff but still have thousands of the more common caps.

25. untitled.png thD2W3RGN3.jpg
    Become a roadside attraction.

RMR&C likes this.
  26. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I list them on ebay all the time. You can help me by bidding on them. Thank you