Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Crazy Big hubcap and wheel cover collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

pm sent

F&J and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Look at that. How did those two mint OPEL Manta/Ascona / Voyage hubcaps get in there. At least $30 to the right person.
    OPEL HUBCAP.JPG

3. Squablow

Squablow

Those dog-dish truck hubcaps have value, I'd definitely grab those if they were available to me. Most of the full size 70's and 80's stuff is scrap metal but again, if I got offered a shot at that pile (within driving distance), I'd definitely be a buyer.

4. This place might buy them since they have a web site selling them:
    https://www.hubcaps.org/wheelcovers.html
    Those plain Jane no value hub caps should probably just be scrapped then you would only have to deal with some that you MIGHT get rid of.
    I have a collection of about 50 that I got tired of taking to swap meets and advertising on Craigslist, only sold 4 or 5 and those were the spinner and wire caps, the others I just relegated to wall art or home made clocks.

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

We have plenty of weird types around here but damn few artistic, more like autistic. I used to think my neighbor was kind of normal until he bought a MG with an wiring problem.

F&J likes this.
  6. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My skin is a lot tougher than that, it has to be since I am a redneck,beer drinkin, cigatette smokin hillbilly in todays political correct world. Don't get me started!!

F&J likes this.
  7. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I tried this with roadkill once but the possum was so greasy it wouldn't stay on the slick stainless!!

56cadillackid and F&J like this.
  8. CA. 280

CA. 280

Something like this?? 5th-street-parking_450-wide_3bak.jpg 5th-street-parking_450-wide_3bak.jpg

hendelec and F&J like this.
  9. I'll make you a smokin deal on the lot if you get out my way. At first glance most of them look nice, but very few are in perfect condition. The hoarder in me is having a hard time scrapping them though....

10. Swim careful, there are a few sharks in the deep end of the pool.

11. I have a few of those.

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sombrero? :cool:

13. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

I wasn't trying to offend.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. flynstone

flynstone

art is the place for those

15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Any of you hubcap guys have any 63 Chevy SS hubcaps that are in prestine shape you want to get rid of? I’m your man.

Bones

16. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

It's all good, you didn't offend me. I like to mess with my H.A.M.B. buddies once in a while. When I get really pissed every body knows it. My wife says I have a warped mind, I think that's because she don't get me most of the time.

lothiandon1940 and F&J like this.
  17. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I have a bunch of them but none that I would call prestine. They tend to have pitts on the spinners and crummy plastic centers in this part of the world after 65 years. But thanks for asking!!

18. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Just to show how bad my addiction is, I see some caps in this bunch that I would like to have. Is there a hubcap help group like AA?

hendelec likes this.
  19. Yes. It's called "HA" for "hubcaps anonymous".

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    hendelec and Hnstray like this.
  20. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

So if I have it twice as bad it's HA HA?

31Dodger and Hnstray like this.
  21. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Put an ad on Craigslist (AKA Creepy list) sold about a quarter of my pile of 400. Got $2.00 each for them. Advertised them as "man cave" art. Put rest on creepy list for free as scrap. Disappeared within an hour. That was last month. Some how approximately 15 new ones have appeared since.
    Used to chuck them out in the woods behind the house. When I logged out a couple of years ago, the logger took a whole truck full to the scrap yard.

Hnstray likes this.
  22. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I tried that a couple times, all I got was a few flakes. One Ahole told me if I would load them in his truck and pay him $50.00 he would haul them off. I will keep working on a master plan. I am thinking about making a giant hubcap man with a big radiator hose for a male sex organ to shock the church ladies. Maybe I can take orders for yard art?

23. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Just had a brain storm after having a few beers:D Take one wheel cover, knock a small hole in the center, cut 8 inches of a broom handle, thread a lag hook thru hole into end of handle, knock a hole in the center of a junk dog dish cap, and screw it to the bottom of the handle and bing -bang-boom you have a genuine man style bird feeder that any lady would get moist in her lady parts for:rolleyes: What do you think? I can even take special orders for most car makes. Don't try to rob my idea as I have applied for a patten on line to keep my billion dollar idea safe. I knew with enough beer to motivate me I would come up with a brilliant idea some day!!

24. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Next idea--one time only automotive art flying super disk, no wait-- shot gun trap targets, then when they are shot all to hell sell them to dare I say it r** rodders. Damn, I need to drink more beer more often! I forgot how smart I can be with a little inspiration:D

alanp561 likes this.
  25. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Hang them by valve stem holes 10" apart...wind chimes all the neighbors will love.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Bugguts likes this.
  26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking you might sort the out by make and maybe decade and put lots of what ever number on Ebay with a starting bid that covers the time to do it. Something like lot of 40 1960's Mopar hubcaps several sets in the lot., driver quality. That might appeal to some one brand parts peddlers.
    On the other hand 20 cents a pound for the rough ones buys a hot rod part or two and that isn't all bad.

27. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Yea, already tried that. That's when I got the idea for shotgun targets, my neighbors don't play that. Some folks have NO appreciation for my inventions.

F&J likes this.
  28. Hey, if it helps I want some 40s-50s IHC 1/2 ton dog dish caps.

29. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I have a couple of them but they are in really bad shape, as in beat, cracked and rusty as hell.

30. Thanks for looking