Register now to get rid of these ads!

crankcase breathers that worked for me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big vic, Jul 3, 2013.

1. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

I know theres a bunch of threads on this because I have read all of them ,, but I want to share this because I would have wanted someone to post this if they had known,, I have a 350 chevy with 60 lbs of oil pressure and I pulled the pcv covers off and put on some edelbrocks without breathers,,, I got so much pressure built up it blew oil out everywhere. Fill tube, dizzy gasket, valve covers, I was gonna do one of the pcv tricks in the threads, when a drag racer friend of mine told me about this,,, You take the edelbrock valve covers to a machine shop and have them mill off the edelbrock script,, have them make it the shape of a rectangle,, then take a set of edelbrock tall breathers,, sold by summit, they look like offys but alot cheaper fit theses breathers to the valvecovers and drill out the holes,, at this time I hand finished the cut off fins on the valve cover to make it look finished,, polished the whole repair and bolted them on,,575 miles so far and 2 trips to the drag strip with at least 15 passes and not a drop,, all I have is these breathers and the fill tube at the front of the manifold,, I know alot of you will preach the positives of a pcv,, but if you just want breathing without leaks,, this works

Attached Files:

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Been running that way for years..........
    DSC00035.jpg
    These were from Mooneyes.

3. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

Nice,,, I like the color of the engine too

4. ya'll are like two peas in a pod.
    nice tech post.