Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Craigslist search area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vanness, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Vanness

Vanness

Funny that craigslist seems to be popping up here lately. Wondering how far all of you have your search area (or distance) from your location while searching. I myself am on it daily and usually stay within 60 miles. Also, what’s Your favorite or the best app to use to search.

slim38 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. usually go as far as they let me with the drop downs...next state usually brings in the neighboring states....go by years a lot....picked three as of late...as they drop the price a little....

3. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Try Searchtempest, it searches Craigslist and lets you set how far from your zip code. Also brings up Ebay listings at the bottom of the list.

Apenaut and Just Gary like this.
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Searchtempest lower 48 states. Stuff I’m looking for can be mailed from anywhere

Just Gary likes this.

5. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

It's funny but I've never sold one of my Builds locally. (I build a Ride every 2-years).
    I'm right outside Boston, and the last 4 have sold to Oregon, Arkansas, Ontario Canada, and Ohio.
    Also, I've never bought locally. Last 4 came from Illinois, Kansas, California, and New York.

6. X3 searchtempest. :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. rusty valley

rusty valley

i used to use tempest, now i got "all of craigslist" . same i guess, better? who knows. it seems that if you just go on regular craigs, from big city to big city, you will get different results than the nation wide search. for one, the old dead listings dont show

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I have tried the search engines that cover multiple states,etc. - but, for me there is some stuff missed. - so, I prefer the slower method of scrolling through the listed cities/counties and pick ones in my state and in neighboring states - usually by year because I have Cool stuff that I wasn't looking for

9. khead47

khead47

Also try "zoomthelist". Covers all states.

10. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I usually narrow my search to places I know I feel like driving to if I find something. I generally prefer to look within a 2 hour-ish radius. I do this because just about every time I go to buy something, I end up spending 3 hours or so yapping about cars and maybe an hour loading up, so that makes for an 8 hour day and I've gotta get home to feed my dog.

11. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

I search all over the country in one sweep with this app for iPad
    26+ cities
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I usually just search within 300 miles but did go out and look at and take photos and a video of a truck that was local for a guy from Pennsylvania a couple of years ago that he found on Craigslist. He ended up buying the truck and having it shipped.

13. Here it,s more or less how many countries are you willing to drive through on a weekend.