Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crafty B's shop broken into last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty B, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Crafty B

Crafty B

Hi everyone,

Shop got vandalized early this morning (July 27) and some things were stolen. Daily driver '04 F-250 3/4 ton white pick-up was taken along with a giant Denon stereo system and 4 speakers and all my sockets are missing. Parts were also taken off a car I am working on. They include a set of Halibrand replica wheels with junk tires - sizes 15x6 and 15x8, and chrome coil over shocks. These belong to my buddy.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone comes across these items any where or may have suspicions, please give me a shout. Ph # 616 295-4857

Thanks,
    Crafty B

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Damn!!! That's shitty, best of luck!:mad:

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sucks. I am sorry that that happened to you.

Sounds like the work of amateurs. Amateurs make a lot of mistakes. Keep your eyes peeled.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Kinda makes you want to catch the assholes in the act.... And beat'em with a baseball bat.. :mad:

5. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

6. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

I'm really sorry to hear that!

7. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

i'll keep an eye out here in are area...jones

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

9. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

WEAK! That is my worst nightmare! I hope you catch em man! Do you have an alarm or cameras? My whole livelyhood is in my shop....I set up a motion sensing alarm with sensors on every door, webcams, and motion lights outside.

10. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

What a bunch of lowlife's, a good flogging is in order. Sorry to hear about that, I often think about the same scenario in my shop, some things you just can't replace.

Dashman's Hot Rod & Speed Parts

www.dashman.net

11. Sorry to hear it Kirk. Time to put an alarm system on the old Quanset hut eh?
    It certainly sounds like a smash and grab, and I'd think it must have been a local, cause there isn't a whole lot of reason for an out-of-towner to be down that way.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aw man! Sorry to hear that Kirk!! Bunch of assholes!!! I still keep thinking that what goes around comes around, but it just never seems to come around or go around fast enough. I think thieves should be excluded from common laws and open to whatever they have coming to them.

Hope they are found!

13. Sorry to hear about your break-in. If I hear of any 'amazing deals' on similar parts here in the Detriot area, I'll be sure to let you know. I agree with hudsoncustom, they sound local so you might want to devote a little time each day looking on Ebay or Craigslist searching for your stuff...Yep-they're that stupid.

14. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Kirk, Sorry to hear about this. I just wonder if it was related to the guys who stole those trees you had just planted ? Hope you are able to recover these parts.

15. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Sorry Bastards, best of luck to ya crafty

16. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Those rat bastards. Sorry to hear about it.

Brian

17. Beg pardon ... someone stole some trees you just planted???? Can't say I've ever heard that one before. You're kidding right? I've heard of lawn furniture and lawn ornaments being stolen but trees? ... that were planted? That's just plain odd. You live near a mental hospital for the criminally insane or something?

I agree with another poster here ... time for an alarm, camera's, window bars etc. Sorry, must be a horrible feeling.

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

People suck!

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

You know it's someone that knows your business very well . They knew what they wanted and where to find it so start looking for asshole so called friends you know . When you do find out who did it and you get your stuff back so you can keep your business going so you can pay your bills and feed your family....... make sure you explain that to them as you slowly break their fuc**ng fingers one at at time !
    Yep , I am a cold hearted prick when it comes to stealing from a working man that is just trying to live and feed his family !
    Good Luck with the recovery !

Retro Jim

20. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

That is one reason I don't want to put any pics of the shop or garage.
    You can still have all the alarms, cameras, big a-- mean dog, have someone stay while your gone. I hate to think the low life that want to take from others that have worked 30 plus years to collect there stuff. It makes you not want to share.
    I now keep a log of who comes and goes, now I have images of who has been here.

21. freebird101

freebird101

damn, sorry to hear that. Hope you get those a-holes.

22. millersgarage

millersgarage

We were just in G.R last night, and I was talking about you....odd

sorry about the break in, got any photos of the truck and stuff. I am in SW Michigan every day, and can keep a lookout for the truck at least

23. Crafty B

Crafty B

good new I think...I painted up a huge sign and put it up in front of the shop stating what had happen and what was stolen...lots of neighborhood people stopped today and they are as pissed as I am about this. I did meet a nice guy today who knows of a local crackhead lowlife that does this kind of work ( steals cool stuff for his crack) and he is carefully looking into it to see if the crackhead will brag about it, if indeed he did it. I had a run in with this same crackhead last fall on a Sunday afternoon at the shop while I was mowing the grass, he claimed that he needed 60.00 to get his truck out of impound(on a Sunday?) and he had a pile of vintage speed parts that he would sell cheap and drop of on Monday.....right... anyway I was not coming off 60 clams without something as collateral, he was gone about 30 minutes came back with a ford FE aluminum intake with a new holley on it, he told me it went on his big mud truck and he would give me the 60.00 back on Monday to get the intake back....yes your all right he never returned

I'll keep ya posted and thanks for the shitty things you said about who ever did this...it did help a little

Crafty

24. pastlane

pastlane

Sucks to hear that you got ripped off but please don't tell me you bought stolen goods from the crackhead...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  25. Pastlane ... that's exactly what just crossed my mind.

26. Never2low

Never2low

That sucks to hear Kirk! If you have a pic of the rims, you might want to drop copies off at some of the local metal recycl yards. They don't like dealing with theives either. Worth a shot.

27. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

A few years ago my friends's family rach was burglarized. He and I had gone there to hang out for the weekend and discovered the break in. The local police later caught the idiot, finding a gas can with my friend's name it on the front porch. Seems like the low life had broken into several places in the area as the cops found lots of stolen stuff in his house. He's in the pokie now. Maybe you should pay a visit to the suspect and "inquire" if he has your stuff.

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just stay within the limits of the law.

We cannot simultaneously decry the breaking the law against us while breaking the law against others.

I have been wronged, and I can certainly understand the desire to "correct" a wrong.

If, in the process of "correcting" the wrong, you commit a crime, then you are no different from your transgressor.

29. troylee

troylee

that sucks. Hope you have luck gettin your stuff back. There is crackheads in G.R.?

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Name one place that there aren't crackheads:mad:

Frank