Register now to get rid of these ads!

Court order... WTF!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevo62, May 4, 2009.

1. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

holy crap thats alot of work to get a title...

2. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Broadway title......done

broadwaytitle.com

3. first mistake you made was moving into a place with a HOA! old boss of mine was house sitting for a friend and the HOA nazis stopped and said he couldn't do it without their written permission. so he decides to have a party and invites the whole neigborhood and had camera's rolling filming the entire party. day he is leaving he hands out copies to everyone and highlight of the party was the asshole that headed the HOA wife getting busy with my old boss. even better was the wife telling my boss during their trist was a dipshit her old man was! HOA's suck!

4. Truckedup

Truckedup

These types of threads always bring out the reply " Fuck the neighbors" Well,sometimes. But no matter if you live on 1/8 acre or 800 acres,when your shit,be it noise,music,cars or nude dancing women spills over onto you neighbor's property,trouble starts. And almost 100 percent of the times it's the noise that gets the guy next door pissed off.

5. I dunno why people post stuff from their state to these threads if they don't live in the OP's state, when no two are alike, although some are very similar.

There are only two constants with the registering/titling of old cars:

1. Quality of service will vary greatly from office to office and even counter person to counter person.

2. Most of the time if you know the rules it turns out to be fairly easy to do it the correct, legal way for your state and have paperwork that matches your car.

HOA's suck, but the guy has to deal with them, most folks can't afford to pack up and move because of this crap - especially in Florida, which is one of the places the real estate market has really tanked according to some news reports. It's no different from zoning laws - and the only constant for all is you have to learn the rules yourself better than they know them and figure out how to creatively obey.

I really think with all the titling questions someone should put together one site, or one say a tech thread that then gets moved to that forum, with posts detailing the correct procedure for title/registration in each state and links to forms where appropriate. This with no BS, no "I think this is how it works" or anything. I'd be happy to contribute the ones for New York and note a few problems I've seen. Heck I can even provide some details for Illinois, California, and a few other states because these threads come up so often. Broadway Title is not always the answer, since some states won't accept their titles, any more than some states won't accept old New York registrations, or sometimes even new ones I guess (rumor is Ohio is stinky on those). Buying a title or especially an old NYS registration runs the risk of getting your car impounded when numbers don't match or the number comes up as in use. Unless your DMV makes you jump through more hoops than a circus act while simultaneously standing on your head and trying to carry a dozen donuts without using your hands, it's probably better to use the correct procedures for your state.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  6. DMC

DMC
    from SC

I'm glad you are not in SC. Damn those people! I bought a truck cab with a title from a guy in NC and brought it home. I went to the DMV to put it in my name before I started working on it. They told me I would have to bring the truck to them and let them verify numbers. I told them it was in a thousand pieces, they did not care. I was told I could request a person to visit my house and they would verify numbers for me, I call them and the run a rounds started.

To make a long story short, I had to assembled the truck as best I could to make it look complete, put it on the car trailer and take it to the DMV. Two ladies walk outside and look (it took 2 minutes tops) to verify VIN and then we returned back inside. I got my title and left. Went back home and disassembled truck again. Since then I have had no interest in the truck and I have actually sold it, I'm waiting on the guy to pick it up and get it the hell out of my yard!

Good Luck, they make this stuff harder than it has to be!:eek:

7. That won't work. GA never did title cars prior to '62 model and does not require or issue titles for cars over 15 years old.

8. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

If you have someone here in michigan you trust they can run the vin and register it for you. All you need is the Michigan Sec. of State "Appointment of Agent" form. Here's a link to it:

www.michigan.gov/documents/tr-128_16190_7.pdf

If you fill it out, sign and scan it and email it to them in PDF format it's a usable legal document. I just registered a car in my brothers name in July of this year and got a YOM plate for it to boot. He lives in Brazil. They never batted an eye, went smooth as hell.

9. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

These kinds of things have worked for me. As well, maybe Florida has a "street rod" type registration that might help you. This isn't too hard after you go through it once. An "inspection" by police is usually not a physical inspection but rather one to make sure the SN or VIN is what you say it is.

10. Fenders

Fenders

Here is my wife's garden art........

Attached Files:

11. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Hoa, sos, dmv, vin, sn, yom, rmv........................aysm??

12. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I now have a reason to enjoy living in NH, no title needed after 15 years old, 21$ reg fees and an inspection every 2 years on my "antique" rod. good luck

13. panic

panic

I need to get a lawyer and appear before a judge

Anyone watch TV?
    Here's what happens when the HOA gets a court order requiring you to register the car (which is in the contract you signed as a member), and you don't.

Jail.
    Yes, they really can.

14. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

HOA, NO FRIGGEN WAY!!
    The American dream becomes a nightmare. Every one I talk to thats a victim of the beaknosed old dried up biddey, or thumbdick who got pushed around by the guys in the drama club wants that power. Then they exercise it on those who dont conform.
    Grass too long or doggie do not picked up 3 times a week. I have 10 cars,a 36ft motorhome 7 motorcycles a powerwasher and a weed eater. NOBODY tells me "not to". They do come over and ask for help, every now and again.
    BTW Good luck with your hofreakina.

15. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

sorry about all that trouble...all states should be like Georgia ( only on this ) its easy to get a tag here.

16. Firepig

Firepig

"Dog"? Oh no, the HOA would never allow that! :eek:

17. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

This the reason that you will never find me living someplace that I have to ask some limp dick for permission to use my own damned ground.

BUT, you had to know there was a HOA going in. That shit is all on the deed when you buy the place, so you know what you're getting into (or should).

No thank you. I'll live out here in BFE 'til my dying day.

My shop in town (and I use the word "town" loosely) is zoned industrial, and even if it weren't we were there before there even was zoning, so no problems there. I live out in the boonies. Closest neighbor is about 500 yds away, and he's a bigger redneck/motorhead than me, but even if he wasn't, there aren't any rules out here (unless I'm damaging him or his property in some way, there's nothing the cops can do), so no problems there either. Next closest is over a half mile away.

The best way to avoid getting cross with the HOA is to avoid all properties with such an appendage in the first place.

18. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I don't understand why some states don't issue titles after a vehicle is XX number of years old. I sure as hell WANT titles for all of my cars. This PROVES that I OWN the vehicle. And it makes life easy when it comes time to sell.

19. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

its about to get clamped down here in Florida.They just raised the registration fees and from what i hear(havent had to)they are giving more forms to fill out.

20. skwurl

skwurl

It'll work out.