Register now to get rid of these ads!

Couple barnyard finds last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shifts, Sep 9, 2004.

1. shifts

shifts

I heard a guy near me had an old Willys coupe for sale, so I went to check it out. It turned out that the guy picked it up at a farm auction along w/ some other junk. Its a complete "new" fiberglass 40 Willys coupe. Maybe a project for the next HAMB drags?
    After looking around, he tells me he has another old car in the shed. It turned out to be one of the nicest 38 Plymouth 2 doors I have seen in a long time. Very solid & NO rust that I could see. Motor is free but not running. All the parts are there too(headlights, rear glass, etc).I'm really not interested in the Ply, so if anyone could use it let me know. He wants $3000.00 for it, but I'm sure he might take less.DAVE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Very cool finds, are you going to take the Willys?

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I love the Ply! I'm totally seeing a Bob McCoy '40 sedan look on that puppy - although maybe dark blue instead of black. Three carb overhead, swan necked shifter on a T-5, the whole nine yeards.

Beautiful.

4. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

I guess it must be true, they say you can find almost anything at these local sales, who woulda thought you could pick up a glass willys body at a farm sale?That plymouth is a real Rock!

5. shifts

shifts

You really have to see this car to appreciate it. The paint is even good. Needs interior, but EVERYTHING is there. Speedo shows 52000 miles. I'm no mopar guy, but is that a fair price? DAVE

6. shifts do I see a Willys gasser in your future for the next HAMB Drags? [​IMG] Both are very cool finds.

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice. You and Lukester should be matched up for a run at next year's HAMB drags.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

How muh for the Willys?

9. Rocket88

Rocket88

I don't understand some people.
    How could a guy just leave that Willy's body outside like that?

10. shifts

shifts

The Willys comes w/ a cobbled up frame too. But it has a 37 Ply axle assy & a nice 9" rear. DAVE

11. Actually leaving that GLASS car outside was the best thing that could be done. It is probably well cured and not OUTGASSING as badly as a new one. Dee Wescott actually stores his fresh inventory OUTSIDE.

12. I would say under all that dust is one mighty solid and shiny Plymouth thats probably as straight as a dye.

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

And this is what needs to be done with it - only sans hood so you can see the chrome flame arresters above the fender tops.

Attached Files:

14. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't understand some people.
    How could a guy just leave that Willy's body outside like that?

[/ QUOTE ] it ain't like it was gonna rust [​IMG]

15. disastron13

disastron13

Worked years ago for a guy who ran a 38 Ply as his daily, a really good practical solid car. Cheap to insure, run and fix.
    His shop truck was a 38 Chev half ton, a real rat but got us around. He lived on a steep hill, and the shop was on a hill too, so he was too lazy to fix the starter- he'd just bump start it and putt away.
    Brakes went out one Friday, he pulled the MC for rebuilding and left the truck at the curb by his pad...that evening Howard Klepper, one of my co-workers, decided it was time to borrow it for a quick beer run.
    You got it- accelerated down the hill..hit a couple of parked cars and blasted through an old ladie's garden and fences. He wasn't hurt at all until she beat the crap out of him.
    Anyway I'd sure run that Ply.

16. shifts

shifts

Well, I bought the Willys. I dont really need another project tho, so I'm gonna pass on the 38 Ply. Someone in here needs to buy this car. It really wouldnt take much to be driving it.BTW, I have a nice 93 Buick roadmaster for use as a doner car. 350 Chev encine & new 700R4 trans, $600.00 bucks takes that too. So, for around $3500.00 you could have the makings of nice straight rod. DAVE

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

I am surprised the Plymouth hasn't sold. If I weren't tied up in this shop project I'd buy that mofo.

18. weekender

weekender
    Member Emeritus

I don't know the difference between a 38 and a 46 plymouth engine, but a buddy of mine has a 46 that he put air, late model 4 spd and a Dana under. He has put a gazillion miles on it. ( his dad bought it new) Looks like someone needs to buy it, SLAM it and DRIVE it.

Thank's, Tommy Mc

19. Plowboy

Plowboy

Dave, it seems you cheeseheads are always coming up with the goods.

20. shifts

shifts

Plowboy, wait till you see what else I found today!!! I have pics of a old junkyard near me. The owner let me in today to take pics & I'mm gonna post them later. DAVE