Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. jimdillon

jimdillon

Have not seen or heard much lately about Tijuana Taxi as posted by 61 Cad (post #2821). Was a pretty good runner for a number of years of late. I would like to see the red 62 above make a pass under power-not sure how well it would do-not even sure if it has a vintage look. If there was a car that ran in the 60s that was truly similar to this I would like to see the photo.

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and enloe like this.
  3. Jim -when I first saw the car that 61cad posted I thought that was the car that ran around the Richmond district in San Francisco in the late 70's, a street car that looked like the one above without lettering. I had a stock looking maroon '62 at the time.

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  4. Mr. Vodoo 4.jpg I think "Mr.VooDoo" has been posted before but it's for sale right now so I'm putting it up again.
    Here's the ad with a little history.

Mr VOO DOO 1958 corvette
    In 1961 James Sparacino of Dallas Texas bought this car and drag raced it till 1974 when he died.
    Family members continued to run Mr VOO DOO until it was parked in the family garage around 1977
    and the wife keep it the there till 2006 when she want into a rest home.
    this car has not been cut or altered by anyone. as it was when James drove it.
    motor is1963 327 with camel-hump heads, solid roller cam, tunnel ram is an Edelbrock TR 1,
    2 660 holleys. Tube axle and transverse leaf spring. rear end is a 1962 Olds with 5.13 gear.
    Have old photos, original title, and registration tags. A perfect candidate for NCRS heritage
    class. In hot rod magazine in 2007.

Mr, VooDoo 1.jpg Mr. Vodoo 2.jpg Mr. Vodoo 3.jpg Mr. Vodoo 5.jpg

5. jimdillon

jimdillon

As to my comments on the Glasses Gasser red 62 above, we have discussed this car before. I have seen it up close and the workmanship is very nice but I am not sure he hit a home run with it, if he was trying to achieve a truly vintage appearance. Here is another side shot that shows the height which may be a bit extreme. An upstance is one thing but especially if it was a blown car that may be a handful at speed. The wheelie bars are new and the tires are differently new. I do not believe that cars of the era had tires sticking out that far and the front tires are too small. If he was trying to emulate some of the street cars of the 70s that some referred to as street freaks then he definitely hit a home run. I have always understood guys emulating gassers of the 60s (the only time they had an upstance) but I wish they would try and make it a bit more period look. Nice car overall though.

31d50f8786e5bc19a7a2226346194e25.jpg
    Here is another example as well and the car has a good look and is better although personally I would change the front wheels. Rear tires are great and so are the ladder bars. Vette 62 Kissimee 2.jpg

Here is an article I saved some time ago and this car has a similar scoop. I really like this car and it runs real respectable times with that 302. Cool car-interior is cool and familiar of the era as well. This is one car I would like to find in a garage at a reasonable price. Hope this is not a repost. aaajr1.jpg aaajr2.jpg aaajr3.jpg aaajr4.jpg aaajr5.jpg Jim Roberts2.jpg

Sting ray Mr Voodoo is a cool car. It has been for sale for awhile I believe and it is a shame it has not sold as of yet. hope it goes to a good home and is raced.

6. loudbang

loudbang

Chevrolet’s Styling Department Introduced A Streamlined, “experimental” Corvette During Daytona’s Acceleration Trials. The Canopied, Injected Roadster Averaged A Respectable 152.866 Mph In The Mile.

hot 1a Chevrolet’s Styling Department Introduced A Strea.JPG

hot 1b.JPG

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

here is a good one:) Ponch is cool

8. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Boy, that was CHiPS for you. Ponch was always Johnny-On-The-Spot.

9. The Pizza Man! I think I may have posted it but since Photobucket changed it's way of doing things...

PizzaMan54Vette.jpg~original.jpg

10. Need to update this one...

'62vette-2.jpg

11. The AMX dude shoulda stood on it and weaved when Ponch hung out the laundry. Can't chase someone dragging an anchor.

12. loudbang

loudbang

7 ad.JPG

Dick Guldstrand at sebring

dick-guldstrand sebring.jpg

13. loudbang

loudbang

hot 1.JPG

hot 2.JPG

hot 3.JPG

Vette Sting Ray SS

hot vette sting ray ss a.JPG

same car new paint

hot vette sting ray ss b same car.JPG

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

[​IMG]
    That could be me :)
    I have the Vette and the wagon though both are not in as nice shape:)

15. loudbang

loudbang

posted by keef59 in the vintage thread

[​IMG]

16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

17. jimdillon

jimdillon

LB the 62 Vette (#69) above is Frank Dominianni which I referred to back a few pages (post 2721). I commented that he had a clumsy rollbar early on and low and behold you come up with a pic of the clumsy rollbar I referenced. Very successful racer on the east coast. I believe he had three different rollbars in the car. I think this was his first attempt. Not a pretty bar but did the job I suppose.

loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  18. noboD

noboD

Loudbang, I am not much for custom Corvettes usually but that gold and green coupe looks cool. Does anyone know anything or have better pictures of it? Well, I should have googled it first. Found out Ray Fahner built it, was painted at least three different ways in it's life.

loudbang, Bowtie Coupe and Moriarity like this.
  19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

That is the 63 coupe built by Ray Farhner. It is called the outer limits. oops I guess you found that out. It sold a couple of weeks ago at a Mecum auction. I think it brought 40,000 or so bucks....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Blackhawk Farms Raceway, October 1971.

BFR 2.JPG BFR 1.JPG

21. noboD

noboD

Thanks Moriarity, that is correct. I think I like the fade green to yellow best.

22. what did the Ray Farhner vette look like when it sold? fade paint or boring blue

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

all white and all modernized and billet wheels......made me sad....

24. that sucks....that fade paint was so cool

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and Moriarity like this.
  25. please tell me no......
    Ray-farhner-outer-limits-2017-2.jpg

26. Not so bad, the ugly wheels and side pipes will come right off, and the white will make a nice base for a new fade paint job. Hopefully it's not LS swapped.....

27. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Just like this, nothing else.

[​IMG]

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Ethan and I are going to the Corvette Expo Saturday.
    I need to pick up a few odds and ends.

Then I will hit the swap meet looking for some takeoff parts that the restorers think are no good.
    Hopefully there will be some cool stuff to take pictures of.

29. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I just wrote to a friend in Boulder mentioning that I had to find some interesting 'Vette
    stuff to attend. We'll see. For the area, Chicagoland is pretty much a dud for car events.
    Cruise nights and boring-beyond-belief weekend parking lot shows.

B 15 044.JPG

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018