Register now to get rid of these ads!

Corvette Garage Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Ok the story started this past winter when I got a call from a friend which went like this."Hey Tom I know your into different motors would you be interested in a 348 with Tripower,it's in a friends mothers garage for 30 years and his family sold the house and he needs to clean out the garage."After that he says oh yeah he also has an old 56 or 57 vette he is selling......So I considered the fact that I had no money or room for anything for a few seconds and then came to the only rational conclusion any of us would come to and said I want everything.I sold my flathead blower,assorted motorcycles,scrap metal,stopped eating breakfast and lunch,coasted down hill to work to save gas money and put everything I could get my hands on for sale on CL and ebay.After a few months I had walking room in the garage and shed and proceded to buy everything in his garage.Now I can't get into my garage and what turned out to be a 1959 Corvette is sitting in front of my garage waiting for me to find room for it.The guy that owned the car died 30 years ago and the car has been sitting all these years.His brother needed money and the car and parts in the garage was all he had of any value so he had to sell it.Just when you think there are no more deals out there you get a phone call..........

Attached Files:

2. Nice! I want it.

3. F&J

F&J

You ROCK :cool:;)

Attaboy!

4. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

are the pics at your place? whats under them tarps.

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

so how big was the total haul? nice score

6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't let the NCRS guys see this; they'll go nuts!:D

7. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

nice score by the way. coasting down hill i have done that crap when the gas gauge was low, plus turning the car off at stop lights.

8. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

The car with almost all of it's parts and a few extra Corvette parts like a NOS 61 Vette grill,The 348 with tripower and about 4 pickup loads of assorted car parts from Volkswagon to 68 GTO to 61 Impala to a LaSalle tranny-side shift (not a 37)I picked up alot of the parts months before the car and was selling them to help pay for the car.The LaSalle trany is still for sale on here somewhere.I still don't know what I paid for the car because I kept giving him money and selling parts.I still have a bunch of parts I still have to identify and sell.I just bought a car tent to get it out of the weather till I have time and room to work.I still have to build my 32 5 window thats in the garage.One guess where the 348 is going.....

Attached Files:

9. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Yes it's my mess-Kingdom.Under the tarps? Alfa Romeo, Model A sport coupe,assorted motorcycles,BSA,Triumph,Honda,Jawa,Yamaha,Bridgestone,Cushman.....

10. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Wow. Love the early vettes. Just curious, disappointed it was a 58...and not 56-57??

11. are you planning something like this?

Attached Files:

12. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

I'm not even a Corvette guy,I barely new the difference between the years till it found me.So a 59 is fine....

13. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

I was till I moved some stuff in the garage and remembered I had the 32.

14. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

kinda like christmas haha

15. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

The daul headlight Vettes are so cool, they showed up to the party DRESSED. The 56-57 vette wanted to steal your girl. Cool for you. ALL OLD vettes are COOL!

16. moter

moter

wow..a 59 Vette with ZERO miles showing! Nice score! :D

17. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Trade you a real Nice 31 Model A 5 window coupe, running with a clear title.. Might eve throw in a a SUPER nice 64 short box fleetside ford... I live the late 50's early 60's solid axle vettes...

18. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

You just passed your eye test.

19. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Thanks but I think I have too much stuff already(did I just say that?)

20. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Wow! I noticed that the 'Vette even came with
    one of those goofy '60's-era, clip-on Cal Custom
    "surfer foot" gas pedals! Man you really
    scored!!!! :D

Mart3406
    ================================

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  21. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Man what a great find!!! I am thinking gasser. Make all the numbers matching paint overspray chalk marks on the firewall guys cry like babys. I am jealous.

22. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Hey, I just enlarged one of your pics and it is labeled ebay. Are you selling this thing already? Bummer

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Hold your Horses !,..... I'm not Dead !!!!!! :eek::cool::D:D:D:D

Well,.. it was worth a try,..... :D, Very cool score !

24. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

I sell on ebay and the pics are in that folder.It's not for sale...but you never know.

25. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

---------------------
    Gasser?? Ya' mean something like this???
    (Ok, so Mazmanian's 'Vette was a '62, and
    technically, a CM/SP car, but, hell, close
    enough! LOL) :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  26. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Got any history on the car? I was never a fan of old vettes until I spent some time working in vette restoration shop. The old one's used to tell all kinds of tales. We had one come in for a complete retro mod, and it was a damn shame. It was a 60 something, vintage road racer. The frame was completely preforated with 3/4 holes drilled in it (the slugs were still inside) and the rear cross member had 3 four inch holes cut it and had had lead poured in it for more rear traction. Lots of other old vintage mods that I can't remember.
    The guy that brought it in didn't think it was powerful enough, so he was having EVERYTHING redone, new chassis, crate motor, etc. I'm not really much of a purist, but I would have really liked to see that old vette restored to the glory of it's racing days instead of turned into just another modern racer.
    Nice score by the way, lemme know if you need anything for it, I might be able to point you in the right direction. Word to the wise though; old vette parts ain't cheap, and if they are, they're not worth spit.

27. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

vette's are cool

28. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

And it only has 00000000 miles! hmmmmm something doesnt seem right

29. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Really like the idea of a 348 in a 32. Great phone call--

30. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean