Register now to get rid of these ads!

cool Salavage yard PICS from my Cross-country adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Camel City Skull, May 13, 2008.

1. No, nothing found that was TOO highly sought after, But still cool to see. I like most people have really caught the sense of urgency in the air to grab vintage metal before the crushers get it all.

This one yard was owned by a guy who appeared to be about 200 years old. That may explain why none of it has been crushed yet, this old guy appears to be going through one by one and restoring them.
    I think it was somewhere in Missouri or fucking Kansas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WQ59B

WQ59B

Nice pickin's in Sweet Springs, Missouri. I'll take a '56 CdV...

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Check out the puppy dogs

4. zzford

zzford

I can't believe that you didn't grab that Chevy Citation in the background of photo #2 !!!

5. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Why can't this place be in GA? Thanks for sharing!

6. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I've been there once. Looks like he has sold alot of cars. I only recognize like two of the cars in the front row from when i was there in October. Here's a shot of those two caddys in the background of the 5th pic.
    [​IMG]

Did you guys go behind the shop and see these?
    [​IMG]
    Ratty55

7. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Those cars look frigging cherry. Does he know what they're worth?

8. I have no idea what the guys deal is. I was in such a rush to get outa the state. Some other yards around there seems to be over priced for MY taste. But anyone in the area should keep tabs on this place to make sure none of these go to waste down the line.

Another odd thing was that the didnt even appear to be parting them out, the guys are keeping these cars complete and thats pretty cool. They are all ready to go!

9. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

theres a yard in Mississippi like that he wont sell parts off of the car just the whole car and they are very reasonable. and nothing newer than 65.

10. autobilly

autobilly

Many guys run this kinda stuff (or would like to) here in Oz. Looks good to me.