Register now to get rid of these ads!

cool license plates?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Preacher, Jun 15, 2007.

1. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

You guys worried about posting your license plate on a website crack me up. Do you worry about people seeing your license plate when you drive down the road? :D

Here is my name and address...:)

Attached Files:

2. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

had a chevy ii for a first car then got a chevy convertable the plate on that was MYSCND2

3. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

4. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

Sorry for posting this one again.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

5. My 57 Chevy pick up has a for real 1957 Missouri plate with the last two numbers being 57. I thought that was COOL.
    Later,
    Dick

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

7. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Not with current times, but the best I've seen was on a sporty Mercede's SL convertible with a big haired blondie driving - "WAS HIS"

8. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

I saw this one at a car show here in NYC. I had to take a picture of it.
    [​IMG]

9. zorch

zorch

I hung these on another thread but if this is the 666 pew, I'm in the right place. I grab all the 666 plates I can, buy and sell 'em. The TIKI and AL BUNDY were legitimately mine in history, and the last one EZ69 is probably the coolest accidental plate ever. At least coolest I've ever seen. AL BUNDY is the coolest plate I ever had, I think. Last time I tried for it it was taken.

Attached Files:

10. My favorite plate picture has always been with my dog which I call "Lone Wolf Look-a-like" The als toy Plate I found on some other guys car, but when I went to get the plates for my 59' chevy I got the plate with my birthday on them! ( I was born on friday the 13th.) While building this car I had this Kinda- meant to be/coming together just right sorta feeling, but when I got the plate the car felt more like it was a gift from the other side....Speaking of the other side, as it was the preacher and his triple 6 plate that started this all, I have to coment on co-incedinces. I truly belive they are no accidents 95 % of the time. The world that we see is only a fraction of the world we actually live in. there are not really that many co-incidences, but a lot of syncronicities of a lot of different worlds coming together in strange ways.

Attached Files:

11. Elrod

Elrod

My new plate... Real, not home made..

Attached Files:

12. mj40's

mj40's

I have always had the 1940 plate on my 40 Ford Coupe except when I lived in Reno for about 3 years in the mid sixties. The red/white/blue plate is the currant one on it. The #1 Street Rod plate is on my 40 Ford pickup. The German plate I got off of Ebay. ME is my initials and F1940 matches the plate number I ran on the coupe in the 80's.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  13. Here's my official post on the triple six license plate thread;
    I found this plate on a red bull energy drink delivery truck.
    Red bulls logo: A red creature with horns?!?!?!
    The Company name: Power distributing Company...
    The plate number: self explanitory....
    I find in life there are many strange coincidences and such. While I doubt this was accidental, I do find often enough there to be truth in advertising...
    I have noticed supernatural events happen around me a few times with personalized license plates attached that were beyond belief... but the truth is those stories are a bit personal and won't be shared here....
    Sorry...

Attached Files:

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Recent...

Attached Files:

15. mj40's

mj40's

Here are a couple more plates I have acquired. They are both NOS and still in the paper wrappers. The 5P 350 is a truck plate and planning on running on a 40 pickup project with a 350 motor. The other one is a 50 year Statehood plate for 1940 and just picked it up because of its unusual number. I'm trying to collect all 1940 plates from the states. I'm short Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina. Alaska and Hawaii are not as important as they were not a state in 40. Anyone have any? PM me

Attached Files:

16. xxlv8

xxlv8
    from USA

This one belongs on my 455 equipped '71 Riviera...

[​IMG]

17. My '66 Dodge has the OK 1966 plate __-66. Found it at a swap meet and paid $15.00 for it...in Kansas. Been on there a long time.

I was bidding on a 1950 Oklahoma plate for my late '50 Hudson Pacemaker coupe, and the tag number was 1-50. Hell, yeah, I'm bidding on that! It was in mint condition! I was willing to go $100.00 for the plate and bid that with about 15 seconds to go, bumping my previous bid up from about $25.00. Hell, I figured no one else would bid a hundred, right? Got burned with ONE damn second left! The guy got the tag for $102.50. I was soooooooooooo pissed! That morning, when I went to work, everybody thought I was going to go postal, I was that mad about losing that tag!

Personally, I would NEVER run a tag with "666" on it. Ever.

18. [​IMG]

Used to run this one on the front of my '71 Coupe DeVille even though it was used in a slightly later year range; people used to give me the weirdest looks when they noticed it. I also have a few State Police plates, but don't dare put those on anything I drive on the street!

19. Here is a shot of my plate[​IMG]. Only got it about 5 years ago

CapeCodBob likes this.
  20. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Here is one I bought from another HAMB member. The number & letter combo is pretty unique plus the fact that it is such a low number.

Attached Files:

21. DVL DAUL (Devil Doll) on the '51..the wife drives it a lot...

UK BIKER on my Triumph (I'm English, so is the bike)

22. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

How bout JALOPY on the truck.
    Relic on the deuce.

23. El Gordo

El Gordo

Not Mine .............but doesn't it apply to all of us?:)
    [​IMG]

24. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

last i checked egay had about 13,000 plates for sale

[​IMG]

heres a state issue that was to funny to pass up on ebay for 3 bucks. what if they sent it to you? i thought it would be a nice conversation piece to the collection.

25. I was behind a Utah plate today that read 666 DVL. It appeared to be a standard issue plate too, not a vanity.

26. biscaynes

biscaynes

seen this on another site...

[​IMG]

27. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

this one follows the 50 around

[​IMG]

and this one is for the ducati

[​IMG]

28. aceuh

aceuh

Guy over on the pickup board is running this un....I might have to apply for it in my state...

[​IMG]

29. ratso575

ratso575

these are on my daily driver 37` GMC "shop truck"

Attached Files:

30. "pick up board"?