Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool Craft Radiators?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Tinbender, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hey All....I am currently trying to wrap up a 56 Ford Pickup build, and am looking for a replacement Radiator. Any Arizona guys know anything about Cool Craft units? They are about half the price of a Walker or Griffin--What`s the deal? Chinese, maybe? Curious, I am.....

2. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Anyone? Is this thing on....

3. I live in Kingman and have not heard of them There is a company here in Kingman that makes aluminum ones.

4. Don A

Don A

Cool Craft distributes radiators manufactured by US Radiator in their factory in Los Angeles..
    As you know, pricing is a function of material and labor.. Aluminum radiators weigh approx. 8 to 10 pounds as compared to copper/brass radiators at about 30 pounds so in reality an aluminum radiator is far less expensive for the manufacture to produce and the reason that all OE's went to aluminum and plastic in the late 80's.. The labor side is a little more pricey because soldering a copper brass unit is much quicker than tig-welding pieces together but the difference per unit only amounts to a few dollars for the manufacture that die-stamps all components such as US Radiator.. Cool Craft offers both copper/brass (heavy, more durable, and easier to maintain) high-efficiency core units and aluminum (light-weight, raw or polished appearance, an less-expensive) units with the same heat transfer rates for your truck, all manufactured in their Los Angeles factory.. Sorry this kind of sounds like an ad but everything I've told about US and Cool Craft is factual and come from the horses mouth.. :)
    Don A US Radiator

5. Don A

Don A

BTW Kiwi, we had a few Aussies here last week picking up several radiators to take home with them.. They bought 4 cars at the Pamona swap and filling up the container with the needed parts to build them.. The doors are always open here so if you want to see how it's done, the next time your in LA come on by..

6. Canuck

Canuck

Don

Now you offer a tour!

Got a copper/brass rad from Rick's Radiator a couple of years ago. Car isn't on the road yet, but the rad looks great, identical fit/replacement for the stock 1930 Model A rad and should cool the Buick engine I am using. Great service from Rick, who shipped it to North Dakota for my pick up.

Nice looking product.

Canuck

7. apache matt

apache matt

i bought one from cool craft for my 58 chevy and it seems to be good quality and has worked good for two years with no issues.

8. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Thanks Fellas....Looks like a Copper/Brass Unit is on the Shopping List...... Like to Support a genuine business when I can....

9. I've used the US Radiator stuff - good quality, no problems! Including the one I put in the GNRS Roadster for John Buck.